DS160 and Focus Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last question for anyone that might know... How would it be best to mount this on a Ikelite DL housing. Can't find a YS connection for Ikelite housing. I can go from the 1/4-20 top mount to 1" ball and the use a ball to ball clamp to 1" ball to YS connection then to clamp on the light. I'm already using 2 triple ball clamps on strobe arms for video lights. Would like to use top housing mount if possible. Is this my only option?

I have the light down close to the housing to reduce any shadow. I think using the ball mounts will move the light away and also may give to much movement.

Maybe this can work INON Direct Base YS RT depends on how the screw is fitted and if it can be replaced with a 1/4-20
Or
A combination using Locline:
One of these mounted to the housing Ikelite 3/4" Flex Arm Top Mount for dSLR housings or LOC-LINE 3/4" Fixed Base for 3/4" Flexible Arm
With Howshot YS Adapter for Loc-Line 3/4" Flex Arm

Thanks everyone. Going to pick one up. I do appreciate the help.

Last question for anyone that might know... How would it be best to mount this on a Ikelite DL housing. Can't find a YS connection for Ikelite housing. I can go from the 1/4-20 top mount to 1" ball and the use a ball to ball clamp to 1" ball to YS connection then to clamp on the light. I'm already using 2 triple ball clamps on strobe arms for video lights. Would like to use top housing mount if possible. Is this my only option?
If your housing has a cold shoe mount you can get a cold shoe to YS mount like this: Nauticam Cold Shoe Long Mounting Stem with YS-mount

the long version works better and has better clearance to the housing allowing you to aim it a little lower for close in work.

Thanks, this is really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom