Regulators from Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox >40% din is officialy different but can be changed very easy into the normal DIN connector.
The official european norm for O2 clean is M26/2 but this standard is not really beeing kept as it limits the use of your regulators.

That's exactly right. I have a pair of Scubapro Mk2+/R195 Nitrox regulators I purchased from Europe and they are fitted with the M26 male so they will not work with DIN 300 or DIN 232 BAR cylinders. You can change out the M26 to either DIN, however I opted to go for an M26 female to DIN 300 Male adapter rather than swap out the entire DIN connector.

In December I purchased two Apeks TXT200 sets via eBay from a seller in Italy and saved a significant amount off of US retail prices, especially as I was able to utilize a 10% off eBay coupon.

Others are correct in saying that they wouldn't have warranty coverage in the US, but I didn't plan on following the annual inspection/service plan any way and will have them serviced as needed.

Obviously, do your research on what you plan to purchase, make sure you are buying from a seller with a good reputation and you always have the eBay guarantee should you not receive the new regulators you were expecting.

My understanding of US Customs regs is:
Sport Diving equipment doesn't have any customs duty as long as it doesn't come from a country that suffers from punitive US import duties, (Cuba, Venezuala, Peoples Republic of China, North Korea, Iran and a few others).

Michael

Sport Diving equipment doesn't have any customs duty as long as it doesn't come from a country that suffers from punitive US import duties, (Cuba, Venezuala, Peoples Republic of China, North Korea, Iran and a few others).

Michael
But still somehow Scubapro USA pricing is almost 2x that of EU online stores… I wonder why?

For ex the c370 is eur169 and in USA it is $329. The MK25/S600 is >$970 in USA while it is eur540 in Europe. I don’t understand it.

In Italy we have a local manufacturer almost completely unknown abroad, Scubatec, with a very high reputation of excellent quality at a low price. Scubatec is a local small manufacturer that works for other bigger companies, including Scubapro and Mares, and sells its own regs under the brand Scubatec almost directly from the factory with little or no marketing and retailing
Erogatori
These regs are considered equivalent to Apeks but they cost half... and the same applies to spare parts and service.
Not sure anyway if they are available in the US, and if the regs service is available as well
That's something interesting I didn't know.
I searched a bit online but I couldn't find service manuals (I like to be able to service my regs myself) neither service kits eg for their F11 first stage.
Do you know anywhere I could get them???
Thanks for the info

Michael

HS code 9020.00.4000 is duty free. No additional China duty.

I just purchased a scubapro mk25 evo with a g260 second stage for <$500 shipped from Europe (ebay). Bought it Sunday, it arrived on Wednesday. Brand new in box as described. Goes for over $900 in the US. Finding used scubapro setups for less than I paid for this new one is tough. I see some comments about warranty issues, but at this price I am willing to take that risk.

The pricing issue is not limited to ScubaPro.

There can be vast differences between purchasing Poseidon, here or abroad. The Atmosphere (FFM) lists on Scuba.com (the former Leisurepro, and now subject to usurious CA sales taxes) for 2299.95, which includes first and second stages.

In Germany, the very same set-up, currently runs 749 euros (about US 773.00). For obvious reasons, the lion's share of my gear is no longer purchased in the States . . .

Back
Top Bottom