two computer same dive import problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hupe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi,

i am diving with two suunto computers at the same time (d5 and steel). after running dm5 and pluggin in the computers both computers sending all the dives to dm5 without asking if they should do.
now i have all dives twice.
ho can i avoid that? i have to plug them into the computer with dm5 to update firmware etc...
to be clear: i need only the dives from one computer not from both.
ther is no merge function neither a checkbox if i want to download the dives...

many thanks
hupe

It's been a long time since I stopped using DM5 so I can't help you with your problem. DM5 is a horrible piece of software. I use Subsurface now. I might suggest you use it (it is free and supports many dive computers, and has mobile apps) or any other dive log app and use DM5 only to update your computers.

ETA: you could download your dives from DM5 to a file then upload them to Subsurface. You could then delete the extra dives and renumber the dives so your dive count is correct.

It's been a long time since I stopped using DM5 so I can't help you with your problem. DM5 is a horrible piece of software. I use Subsurface now. I might suggest you use it (it is free and supports many dive computers, and has mobile apps) or any other dive log app and use DM5 only to update your computers.

ETA: you could download your dives from DM5 to a file then upload them to Subsurface. You could then delete the extra dives and renumber the dives so your dive count is correct.

Ok many thanks Gregg.

Since the D5 has been around quite a while I can't see any reason to have to regularly check the firmware, so I would not plug the D5 into DM5 and just keep that for the Steel.
The D5 can be firmware checked if you have the battery changed at a dealer.

Having said that (I have a Cobra and a D6i), I have also stopped using DM5 and now use Diving Log to download and keep records - I can choose which dives to download and delete them afterwards if I accidentally double up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom