Suunto Eon Core not connecting transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warner33

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to diving so I'm not sure if its user error or if there's something wrong with the transmitter. But I recently bought the Suunto Eon Core dive computer and transmitter. When I turn the air on, the transmitter starts to blink green. Then I wake up the dive computer and it doesn't seem to recognize the transmitter. Everything that I've read said that the dive computer should recognize the transmitter within a few seconds of everything being turned on. I will have the dive computer right next to the transmitter for a few minutes and it still doesn't recognize the transmitter. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you buy the two together or separate? If separate, did you buy the tank transmitter or the tank pod?

Have you tried the second method shown here :

I bought them at the same dive shop but they didn't have the Eon Core in stock so they had to order it. The day that I ordered it, I took home the transmitter and had it installed at a different dive shop (they didn't have anyone to install it at that time). Two weeks later (yesterday) the dive computer showed up, once it was charged up is when I tried to pair it. I tried both things in that video that you provided. The proximity doesn't detect it when the dive computer is right next to the transmitter and when I go into the settings like the video. It just says "no pod" when I click on it. I'm probably just going to take a ride to the dive shop to see if they can get it paired for me or swap out the transmitter if its faulty. Hopefully they can get it going for me. Thanks for the help! Ive heard to different terms, transmitter and air pod. Are they actually two different things or are they the same thing and people call them a different name?

Does your transmitter say "tank pod" like this:
Suunto-Tank-POD-Transmitter.jpg

or does it just have Suunto on it, like this:

s-l640.jpg

Does your transmitter say "tank pod" like this:
View attachment 530108

or does it just have Suunto on it, like this:

View attachment 530110

The bottom one, when I went in to order it the guy gave me the bottom one. I thought that the Eon Core needed a special one but he insisted that it's what I needed. He had an Eon Core so I didn't question it further. Do i need the "Tank Pod" one?

The bottom one, when I went in to order it the guy gave me the bottom one. I thought that the Eon Core needed a special one but he insisted that it's what I needed. He had an Eon Core so I didn't question it further. Do i need the "Tank Pod" one?
Yes, only the tank pod will connect with the eon core.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification! I'm going to head to the dive shop now to swap it out.
Sounds good. It'll definitely pair a lot easier with the correct pod. Ha!

Back
Top Bottom