new Application "Gas blender toolkit"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,
Very nice, didn't think of using the calculator in that way. Often the cylinder has remaining nitrox and I'd like to avoid draining the cylinder. So as an example I'd like start with 1500 psi of 28% and be able to calculate how much 40% add and then top off with air (21%) to have a final mix of 32% @ 3442.

upload_2019-6-28_8-15-16.png

well, you need 2203 psi of 28% to top off with 40% to get your 32% at 3442, So now figure out with the calculator to get your 28% from 1500 to 2200 with your resources....

Neither do I...
But how did you intend the software to be used?
Fill to the intended pressure, measure, correct temperature to the software and proceed to next step? Or how?

a) the start (computing) temperature should be set in "Settings", the data in Result table are reference data
b) during fill step i measure the current temperature and can see in c) up to which pressure i should fill the tank to get computed "amount" of gas.

after all i can start the next step (EAN32) and check again current temperature during filling.
Probably there is a better solution for that. I will think about it :)

P.S. The reference data and temperature in the setting still be unchanged. After all as soon as tank get coold back to reference temperature we should get desired mix by desired pressure.

Attachments

• isochore-using.png
    isochore-using.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 233
Thanks. The most difficult part for the workflow when temperature increases during (and due to) the filling step.
Prehaps I should always measure, set temp, fill to target pressure, measure again, readjust pressure and move to next step.
Tedious, but interesting topic on how to get perfect results.
And yes, I get good enough results without worrying about this at all. Also mass fraction blending shoud work. Thanks for having the masses on verbose description.

One calculator you could consider adding is rebreather diluent END calculator for different depths with a chosen po2 setpoint.

One calculator you could consider adding is rebreather diluent END calculator for different depths with a chosen po2 setpoint.
as a matter of fact this caclulation seems to be useful and illustrative.

... on going ...

Attachments

• ccr-mod-end.png
    ccr-mod-end.png
    128 KB · Views: 214
I just wanted to stop in and say "nice job". I used the "top off" component calculating the end mix of topping up an EANx twinset with air. Between a different original meter/tank label, my analog initial pressure gauge reading, and a the meter/digital gauge at the place the top up fill took place, the result was within 0.5% of what was expected.

Very user friendly!

I've been using this software for a few weeks and often got wrong results. Today I realised the reason: ideal gas instead of real gas vDW. I think I choose factory setting which brings ideal gas (back).

I do not understand why real gas is an option anyway. If software is able to calculate real life (vDW) why should it calculate ideal gas as well? Ideal gas is always wrong, sometimes more, sometimes less but always wrong.

OK, for any reason you keep the ideal gas calculation. But please set real gas as factory setting, this is very helpfull.

Apart from this: great software, very easy to handle, very intuitive on PC as well as on smart phone. I like it very much. From now on I will calculate real gas and expect better results.

I wonder: you use 21.00/79.00 as air. As far as I know air is 20.9/79.1 (N2 including all the other gases).
Google sais air contains 20.942% of oxygen, I don't know if this is correct.
Why do you use 21.00% if you have 2 decimal places anyway? I know this does not change very much in result and I know I can choose my own gas for ex. 20.94/79.06. But why don't you do so? Air 21% looks non precise, non professional. 20.94 looks very precise, gives me the impression of a perfect software. Just an idea.

But still the software is great, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom