Best Photo Editing Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morgan_5

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Could anyone suggest a good (inexpensive) picture editing software? I went diving this weekend and for some reason this dives pictures ended up very green! I've never had this happen before so I'm not really sure what happened but, I'm hoping to salvage the pictures. Thank you in advance :)

Adobe Lightroom. One of the best and inexpensive.

But generally speaking, unless you shot in RAW (or even with that, depending on the depth) you will not be able to restore the full quality of the photos. The color information is simply not there.

Affinity photo gets good write ups and the price is reasonable. Lightroom used to be an option, but Adobe now want to sell it only as a subscription.

Whatever you get make sure you can do levels adjustment. If you're not too deep and exposure is good that is the tool of choice. This page in colour correction describes how just adjust each of the red. green and blue channels in turn, don't look too closely at the image till all three are done.

Post one of them on here, I'll run it through Dive+ and we can see what that amazing software might be able to do for you.

Here is the worst out of them all... I played around with the others on my Mac book photo software and sort of salvaged them. I tried with this one but I don't think there is any saving this one lol!

Attachments

• 20180101_134356.JPG
    20180101_134356.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 155
eeshhhhh...i don't think there is much/anything you are going to be able to do with that i'm afraid...particularly as its a jpeg file as opposed to RAW.

that's not a discoloration issue, its a data issue... if you are on mac, try photoscape x...

Post one of them on here, I'll run it through Dive+ and we can see what that amazing software might be able to do for you.

Dive + is amazing, I use it on my GoPro downloads

Hi everyone,

Could anyone suggest a good (inexpensive) picture editing software? I went diving this weekend and for some reason this dives pictures ended up very green! I've never had this happen before so I'm not really sure what happened but, I'm hoping to salvage the pictures. Thank you in advance :)
What camera/strobe/lens etc. will help us figure out the possible issue.
bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom