Southwest coming to Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will also put pressure on existing carriers...to lower pricing. Let’s sit back and see how this unfolds....I do miss Keller though...one heck of a drinker:drunks:

They won't break Delta's iron grip on ATL-CZM. :(

Which is why that's odd because they're home field is Love Field in Dallas.

They also have flights to Cancun from Love Field, however they apparently aren't non-stop (which makes a lot of sense if you understand Southwest's business model).

I’m guessing Love field doesn’t have the necessary customs facilities/personnel. Cheaper for SW to fly from Hobby, and utilize and aircraft for Dallas <-> Houston traffic on the way.

This will be a great opportunity for us to evaluate "the Southwest effect". Critics often dismiss it, saying that other carriers routinely offer lower fares on competing routes. Advocates say this is because Southwest breaks up the monopoly and forces other carriers to compete, bringing down all fares. Here's to hoping the latter is true and we start seeing fares to CZM more in line with fares to CUN.
It used to work, decades ago. Now it's more of a myth. We may see some introductory fare sales, but not long term major changes.

Wonder why they'd offer then from Houston but not from DFW?
I don't think a SWA plane has ever landed at DFW.

This will also put pressure on existing carriers...to lower pricing. Let’s sit back and see how this unfolds....I do miss Keller though...one heck of a drinker:drunks:
Yeah, it hasn't been the same since Herb. Met him at a Xmas party once.

Wonder why they'd offer then from Houston but not from DFW? Other than a slight additional need for fuel.

Does Southwest even use DFW? I was under the impression they only use Dallas Love Field (and that was their original home field... thus the heart in their logo, and their stock ticker LUV,)

I also thought they only use Hobby in Houston, and not IAH. But this is just the impression I've had.

Regardless, Southwest flying into Coz from anywhere is a good thing.

Great news! I hadn't seen this. We fly SW into CUN, presently.

It used to work, decades ago. Now it's more of a myth. We may see some introductory fare sales, but not long term major changes.

I don't think a SWA plane has ever landed at DFW.

Yeah, it hasn't been the same since Herb. Met him at a Xmas party once.

Does Southwest even use DFW? I was under the impression they only use Dallas Love Field (and that was their original home field... thus the heart in their logo, and their stock ticker LUV,)

I also thought they only use Hobby in Houston, and not IAH. But this is just the impression I've had.

Regardless, Southwest flying into Coz from anywhere is a good thing.

I meant DFW as a place.....not DFW Airport. I apologize for the miscommunication.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom