Tank color choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a gift card for Amazon, so I'm going to buy a pony bottle. I have a choice of brushed or black. Any reason not to get the brushed? I think it might heat up slower than black when sitting in the sun.

Anything else I should consider?

I would get the brushed.

Hate black tanks. Hard to see in low light

Brushed. As my instructor says, “The last day a painted tank looks nice is the day it leaves the shop.” As Mentioned by marie, paint chipping. I have two painted tanks that were gifted to me and It is a pain trying to baby them. I’m not long from just punting and treating them like all the rest.

I don’t baby my painted tanks. Since I dive fresh water only, I don’t have to worry about salt getting behind the paint.

For me it is more an issue of hauling 8 to 10 tanks for the family. If all the brushed tanks rub together no one can tell. If the painted tanks rub up against the brushed tanks, you can tell. Micro vibrations from the road travel wear on the paint. Because they were a gift I have tried to keep them looking as nice as possile for as long as possible. It’s getting old. Hence my desire to not baby mine as well.

.. Any reason not to get the brushed? ?
Aluminum painted tanks eventually bubble in salt water. Get the BRUSHED,,,I even strip the glossy coating off my AL pony and it's stays perfectly clean from weekly saltwater use with just a rinse after 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom