Diving air to 60m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a profile for 25min @ 60m on air with 2x12L @ 200bar with rather aggressive GF 50/90 with nice SAC of 15L/min during the working phase and 12L/min during deco.

You are either reckless AF, full of **** or troll. I don't know which one is worse.

nrRH.png

Doing a 25' dive at 60m, will give you 2 hours of deco on air (backgas), you'll be spending 75 minutes of that at 6-3m, half of your double set is gone after 25' at 60m and you don't have enough to do all your deco on backgas. Even diving super agressive USN tables, you'll be doing more than an hour of deco. Doing the same dive with deco gasses, you'll be out of the water after 70 minutes. I just don't believe you.
First stop 15 meters 2min. 12m for 5 minutes. 9m for 7 minutes. 6m for 12 minutes. 3m for 24 minutes. Run time 79 minutes 40 to 50 bar remaining. Will have to say conditions would have to be exceptionally good for me to stay for 25 minutes, you can believe what you like.

Correct me if I am wrong, You said you can do 25min at 60m. That's almost impossible on 12L twin 200bar.
He also mentioned 300 bar.

This is a profile for 25min @ 60m on air with 2x12L @ 200bar with rather aggressive GF 50/90 with nice SAC of 15L/min during the working phase and 12L/min during deco.

You are either reckless AF, full of **** or troll. I don't know which one is worse.

View attachment 531812
That’s your plan not mine, you don’t get to plan my diving.

He also mentioned 300 bar.
Point taken, but he said IF which does not sound like everyday occurence.

Either way:

Run time 79 minutes 40 to 50 bar remaining

This guy is:
  • conducting deco dive to 60m on air
  • doing rather aggressive deco on back gas
  • plans to surface with 40-50bar
That’s your plan, not mine, you don’t get to plan my diving.
and does not plan dives?

The only thing missing is doing these dives solo.

Correct me if I am wrong, You said you can do 25min at 60m. That's almost impossible on 12L twin 200bar.
I never mentioned pumping to 200 bar why would I do that.

Point taken, but he said IF which does not sound like everyday occurence.

Either way:

This guy is:
  • conducting deco dive to 60m on air
  • doing rather aggressive deco on back gas
  • plans to surface with 40-50bar

and does not plan dives?

The only thing missing is doing these dives solo.
I only dive solo, like I said it’s a personal decision.

@mac64 Hey man..I can understand that you feel that you are alone in this (and you are with reason alone on this stance). Most of us react not to curb your style of diving, you probably have been doing it for a long time like this. I'm all for freedom, and like I said in 1 of my first posts... there is no scuba police... it's a free world... have a ball!

I know you probably don't believe me or any other person posting here... but do your own research man, start reading up on this stuff, talk to some real tech divers, doing much longer and deeper dives than you do, and pick some stuff up. You don't need to dive trimix, but do some calculations on a safe gas/air reserve and implementing that. also at least read up on deco gasses, take a small course so you can make safe gas switches, talk to people doing it. Who wants to spend 1 hour at 6-3m when you could be doing half that deco time. It's no dark magic...

But don't state your truth as THE TRUTH... because it just isn't. You can say, my experience this, and I have done that..., but frankly reading your responses you don't have the deep diving experience to make statements like this.

The last thing I would do is tell someone what to do or how to do it. Everyone is different and one size does not fit all. For me the rewards are worth the risk. But I will take your advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom