Sidemount Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi All,

I appreciate there have been many, many discussions about the ‘best’ wing for sidemount and the xdeep stealth seems to rank highly.

I am a somewhat petite diver (5’2 and 50kg), usually dive dry and either with 7lt steel or al80 if on holiday. I learnt sidemount initially in a SMS100 which was just far too large and then SMS75 which seemed to be better although still quite bulky. I am looking to buy a dedicated sidemount wing and interested in any recommendations, particularly things suitable for smaller divers! So far the Apeks, xdeep and nomad seem to be the main options.

Thanks!

I second the razor...I’m
Certainly not petite, but my instructor Geraldine was and she had tried them all before settling on razor.

I won't go into each systems good and bad points but I will say to try the XDeep Classic, Razor or the Deco. They should all work well with the type of diving you are doing.

Thanks all for your replies. I’ve spoken with my instructor and we’re going to give the Razor a go.

If you can try a Dive Rite LS, it is much less bulky than some of the others you have mentioned.

I've gone through a few now over the years ... X-Deep Classic, X-Deep Tec and now I'm on the DR Nomad LS cave ....

I'm not a small person, but the X-Deeps were just huge, and didn't sit where they should (be able to reach the dump, and have the wing stay in place .. Classic or Tec).

_R

My dive buddy is small, and dived XDeep. She dived steel 85s in FL caves, and AL80s in Mexico caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom