I quit smoking and have questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever since I turned 50, more or less, I can only eat about hslf as much as I used to.
When my wife and I go out to eat we will order s single 8oz sirloin steak, share it and both be full. Same with fajitas, etc.
It just doesn’t seem fair to eat half as much and still gain weight.

Well it’s been 5 months. I had a few desires but none strong enough to really tempt me.
I have been around smokers with no desire to light up. In fact I can’t stand the smell.
My breathing is much easier, almost like it was when I was a teen freediver.
Thanks to everyone who offered advice. I appreciate all of it.
If anyone is thinking about quitting- just do it. It’s worth any and all effort.

Keep on being free, pepperbelly! I'm so very happy for you.

May you never backslide

Regarding backsliding after 6 months:
You'll smoke a cigarette that someone gives you and it will taste horrible. The 2nd cigarette that someone gives you won't taste good either.
Now you have to make a very important decision, because the 3rd cigarette will come from a pack that you bought yourself.
Don't ever let it get to the 3rd cigarette, and avoid the first 2 too.

Michael

Keep remembering that, how bad the others smell

8 months :clapping::clapping:

Ever since I turned 50, more or less, I can only eat about hslf as much as I used to.
When my wife and I go out to eat we will order s single 8oz sirloin steak, share it and both be full. Same with fajitas, etc.
It just doesn’t seem fair to eat half as much and still gain weight.

Not true. You could still play 3rd base. And you do not have to reduce portions. You have to commit to a healthy diet.
I am your age (50) and in the best shape of my life since leaving my 20s. I eliminated all sports except competitive waterskiing, but my strength to weight ratio and cardio are through the roof.

2 yrs ago, I lost 39# - 198 to 159 (5'10")... Problem was I got too thin, I had to gain a few to not look ill. I am 164 as of my last weigh in.

Go visit the keto/diet thread on this forum. TMI if you ask me.

My suggestion:

1. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning to get your baseline weight
2. Try a 2-3 week diet of meat, cheese, salad and veggies. NO CARBS - If its white, dont eat it
3. Weigh yourself again 14 days later

You'll be down 15 lbs in the 1st 2 weeks.

Not true. You could still play 3rd base. And you do not have to reduce portions. You have to commit to a healthy diet.
I am your age (50) and in the best shape of my life since leaving my 20s. I eliminated all sports except competitive waterskiing, but my strength to weight ratio and cardio are through the roof.

2 yrs ago, I lost 39# - 198 to 159 (5'10")... Problem was I got too thin, I had to gain a few to not look ill. I am 164 as of my last weigh in.

Go visit the keto/diet thread on this forum. TMI if you ask me.

My suggestion:

1. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning to get your baseline weight
2. Try a 2-3 week diet of meat, cheese, salad and veggies. NO CARBS - If its white, dont eat it
3. Weigh yourself again 14 days later

You'll be down 15 lbs in the 1st 2 weeks.

I am 61 now.
I don’t eat reduced portions as a diet-I get full after half as much as before.
I am not standing at 3rd base anymore. Those liners are getting fasterwith age.

I'm told it has a lot to do with the exact kind of bacteria living in one's intestines. Figure out what your inner bugs like to eat is, supposedly, the key to your perfect diet now.

Or so I hear around the office cooler.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom