Anyone using a ScubaPro Mk 17 and a Galileo Sol/Luna/Smart Tec transmitter? Fit question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering getting a Mk 17 reg for cold water use, but I use a vintage Galileo Sol computer, which has the big honkin' transmitter pictured below.

When I looked at the Mk 17 in a shop, it was so small that it looked like the transmitter would block both LP ports on that side.

This is an older computer these days, but has anyone used this specific combination? I would love to hear that my worries about fit are overblown.

41L4ZR8%2BAKL._SX425_.jpg

I have used that exact combination and the transmitter and hoses fit but are very close. They would not fit with hose protectors installed, but I remove those. Note that I use an older Mk17 that has the LP ports going to the soda and the HP port pointing forward.

This is the Mk 17 Evo, but I think the Evo doesn't matter for this... So this is different than yours?

I can always use a short HP hose I guess, just trying to figure out what to do!

Thanks!

upload_2019-8-4_20-37-57.png

You could mount it on a a 4-6' hose, preferably Mi-Flex. That's what i do

I also think the hose reduces the chance of putting stress on the connection between the transmitter and the HP port.

If I want that reg, looks like I will have to use a short hose for the transmitter. Not what I am used to, not the end of the world.

A short hose stops the transmitter from being used as a tank handle.

The transmitter will fit for the Mk17 and Mk17EVO. The fit on the non-EVO is not cramped as it is for the other. For the EVO put the transmitter on first then the hoses which works just fine. It is recommended you take the hose protectors off when diving in cold water.

Thanks much for the info @shurite7 and that picture @marcin.a ! From eyeballing the reg on a shelf I was sure it wouldn't fit. Glad to see I was wrong. This saves me a bit of hassle.

Back
Top Bottom