Shark tooth Island, Florida - Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James-Merritt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,
Does anyone know of an exceptionally good river or creek in the shark tooth island area of Florida(Venice)? I want to take the family and nephew down to search for some Megalodon teeth but would like some general advice on where might be the best location to search. Thank you, anyone and everyone in advance.

In the florida section there is a dedicated Venice thread with a bunch of info. I am going on a multi day trip in August, very pumped.

I went out of Venice on a charter with Aristakat, they pretty much knew where to put you to land on teeth. Good experience. I love the bottom times you get in Venice, I just wish it was easier to find bigger teeth there.

You can shore dive for them from "service club park" but I've only ever found small tooth fossils on the shore dive.

The charters that go out every day are Aristakat and Aquanutz. I prefer Aristakat but I've been on both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom