Looking for USA Dealer with Inon Z330 in stock.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naboodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

If anyone has thoughts where I can find a Inon z330 in stock currently, I would sure appreciate it. I have a dive trip in 6 week and need it as soon as possible. I have struck out at Backscatter, Mozaik, Bluewater, and Optical Ocean. Any help would be appreciated around a US based dealer with stock.

you could try this guy in Japan: UWdigitalcamera.com I've used him to ship to Australia and he has been generally very responsive and quick to ship if he has items in stock. shipped by EMS Japan Post items arrive quickly. Note with INON stuff though - warranty would have to go back to Japan and the Manuals will be in Japanese and you can't download them. Did you try Reef Photo?

Divervision has them in stock (so they say). I have bought several from them with no issue. You have tried all the US guys so give them a try. There are some also likely in Hong Kong but I didn't look too carefully. Bill

Hey Bill and Chris,

Thanks for the help. Yes, I did try Reef photo and got a response from them today. Sadly, they are stocked out as well. I was trying to stay in the states with a US dealer. I will however look at Divervision and UW. As a fall back, I may go with the INON D-200, I don't have a big rig, just a Olympus tg-4 and housing setup, so the Z330 may be overkill. The D-200 appears to be available most places and has good reviews for a mid-range strobe. With a GN of 20 instead of the Z330 GN of 32. Again, thanks for the input.

@Naboodiver If you decide to go for an international dealer, double check the Harmonized Tariff Schedule before you order so you know what to expect on customs/duty charged. I have ordered many things from overseas before and it is a great way to not be slapped with a huge surprise. :) I would try Canada first, as they are more often included as a country with special rates (exempt, or lower).

An option might be to order the D200 as your backup/insurance policy, but still try to locate the Z330. If you are really unable, you will at least have the D200 for your trip. If you do find one, perhaps you can return it, so long as you haven't exceeded the time limit and you haven't dived with it. Good luck!

Harmonized Tariff Schedule PDFs

Cali_diver. Thanks you for posting. I only need (can afford) one and it appears they are unwilling to sell as such. Damn, so close. Thank you again. Divers are a great bunch of people.

TG-4....I'd say don't bother. You don't need the expense or power for that. It's really more of a macro camera.

The microscope mode on the camera is quite good though you can get some good wide angle shots with good lighting and a wide angle lens and dome. If wide angle is going to be a significant part of the shooting, then having a stronger strobe would be more ideal. I also believe in buying as much strobe power as one can afford as that is something that can be used with another camera, especially should the OP upgrade their camera and the strobe demands be higher. For me, it is better to have more than enough lighting and not use it than to wish there were more and not have it, or have to buy a second time.

With that said....

Cali_diver. Thanks you for posting. I only need (can afford) one and it appears they are unwilling to sell as such. Damn, so close. Thank you again. Divers are a great bunch of people.

This one is a tough decision but I suppose I would rather go with 2 less strong strobes than only 1 strong strobe if I had a budget restriction. This would minimize backscatter and shadowing/cone effects that you might observe with a single strobe, particularly if shooting wide angle. If you are primarily shooting macro, you don't need as bright of a strobe since you will be very close and a single strobe can be enough for lighting.

If you have a TG-4 and plan to stick with it get 2 x S2000 INONs, for the price of one Z-330. The flash power needed by the TG-4 is quite low, it is f2 or f2.8 wide and f4.9/f6.3 on max tele, the f8 offered is an ND filter and the onlt reason to use it to try and exclude background light. The aperture sets how much light you need and the S2000 provides more than enough light for this If you are doing wide angle you'll be at f2 or f2.8 at the widest setting and this means the amount of light needed is much lower. In close for macro, the strobes are very close so even at the tele end you have adequate light.

Back
Top Bottom