Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, how many days of diving and how many dives per day?

Thanks for the report!

No A/C, no bueno for me.

Does it have Nitrox?

Calico Jack has A/C in every cabin. They offer Nitrox for 15 Euros/day

Calico Jack has A/C in every cabin. They offer Nitrox for 15 Euros/day

Yes, but if they turn off the AC at night, then it may be next to the same thing as have no AC

So, how many days of diving and how many dives per day?

For our itinerary which was North Central and South Raja, it was 32 dives in total over 11 days. First day on board you spend at sea sailing South to Misool so no diving on day 1. Average 3-4 dives per day with the 4th dive being a night dive.

54B9C6CA-3AA9-460F-A013-76E738EBE11A.jpeg
This was our itinerary for Raja Ampat

Heat, I've been told. No ac in their rooms.

I've been embarrassed more than a few times on a number of boats, since I'm the night prowler.

Yes it's stifling below below decks. Takes a lot more people to run a LOB than most notice. 14 - 17 crew is about standard from my limited observation. It is embarrassing when you sit on a fat engineer isn't it lol

I haven't seen many fat crew on any of the lob's I've been on so far. A couple of the chefs might have had an extra pound or 2.

I'd challenge the "no vaccines needed" suggestion. Someone from a Western country might already have some but there's a couple of non-standard ones that are recommended including Hepatitis and typhoid. They are also recommending polio if you haven't had a booster since a child. You also enter areas which have risk of malaria for which you would take a daily pill rather than a vaccine injection. My experience is that you don't encounter too many mosquitos on the boat because you are away from land but it's possible.

If you want a good perspective on your job, visit the engine room and kitchen on a liveaboard in Asia. Whether from a humid area in North America or not, the tropical weather is hot enough, but the engine room takes it to another level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom