Tip for something to place underneath dive gear while drying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I considered that as well, I'm not worried about the wetsuit at the end, I'm not sure even at the end it will support the backplate wing though.

If you can’t find a way to mount something on the wall, can you mount something on the ceiling?

That is one option since the ceiling is not tiled, would wood screws support the weight with the pressure coming on the weakest point?

Our OP is planning to or has been putting a towel down on hardwood. In my experience, that dampness could still damage the floor. Using the towel is ok but there should still be some kind of waterproof barrier between the damp towel and the floor. If it's linoleum, maybe not as big a deal.
Ah, my misread. I'd still say a hard plastic lid or tray that the OP already has, or other than that a cheap tub that would fit under and could also be used for stowing dry gear. My SO's place is all hardwood and when I'm there with my gear, I steal one of his empty storage bins to catch the drips and toss everything into once dry to shuttle it to my place

I'm still new to scuba but I have had similar issues with drip drying other gear. I just use one of the reusable waterproof crib pads. They're specifically designed to absorb liquid and have a waterproof barrier on the back side. Bonus, I'm reusing something that was otherwise just wasting space in storage.

Attachments

• 15651194964673087179962045778057.jpg
    15651194964673087179962045778057.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 91
If you can’t find a way to mount something on the wall, can you mount something on the ceiling?
I really don't like the "risk versus reward" equation on trying to mount a hang option in most ceilings. Gets even worse if you rent versus own where you live...

Could something like this fit in your tub?
Whitmor Foldable Collapsible Garment Rack - Silver Metal

If not, maybe a plastic tarp or drop cloth under a towel to protect your floors?

I hate putting on cold, clammy neoprene, so I bought a hanger with a fan built in for my wetsuit, and a boot dryer (blows warm air inside) for my booties. Everything else dries pretty quickly just hanging up outside in the shade on my balcony. Not sure if these gadgets mean less water dripping, though; luckily my balcony has a concrete floor and a drain. But I am very pleased with how fast everything dries now.

I have some open doorways(but no doors) in the carport. I placed 5" inch screws in 3 studs/header of one doorway. I can hang exposure suits and BPWs from these. Other stuff I just lay on the ground or on a half wall in the carport. After it dries, it goes in storage.

20190806_165301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom