Let's be careful out there (and less foolish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. So this happened out of the water on a fishing tournament? Is that animal cruelty?

I was thinking it was more along the lines of human stupidity.

You would think professional divers would be more aware than this lady at a fishing tournament, but we have had to chastise more than a few DMs for trying to get divers in our group to handle an octopus that had been extracted from its hiding spot. Assuming that we were afraid, they kept insisting my wife and I handle the octopus until we gave the universally understood middle digit hand signal.

maybe I'm warped but it's kinda funny...i guess some things can come back and bite you in the facial arse.

Wow, let's grab a wild animal that bites and stick it on the face.

Who's surprised it actually bit her...anyone?

Wow, let's grab a wild animal that bites and stick it on the face.

Who's surprised it actually bit her...anyone?

In the video interview, she speaks of its beak biting her in what strikes me as a matter-of-fact tone, as though she was aware when she put the octopus on her face that the octopus had a beak that could pierce her skin, but I am dubious that she was aware of that before she did it. I think she got an education.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom