EON Steel firmware update suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL if you want this functionality dump the POS Suunto and get a real dive computer like a Shearwater.

Honestly why would anyone bother with this POS computer for any sort of tec diving.

Not Interested in [POS] Shearwater. CCR Voting Logic is Flawed. Shearwater Will Not Work with Solid State Oxygen Sensors.

I have a Suunto eon steel and I have the software upgraded to the latest which I believe is 1.6.5. I have been charging my computer all afternoon and evening. The battery says that it has gone from 16 hours to 25 hours, but the manual says that it should go to 27 hours. I had it serviced recently at an approved shop. Is there something wrong? If so, what? Thank you.

The Battery life is a calculation based upon the device settings and previous use history, rather than a precise voltage measurement. I typically see 27 to 29 hrs on our two units that have their screen set to max brightness. If I selected a reduced brightness my battery time would increase.

You have changed the SW so it might take a few battery cycles to settle down. Our 2 have 900+ dives each over the past 5 years with no real degradation of the battery life (perhaps 2 - 3 hrs less from 5 years ago)

No, I asked the Suunto reps at the BSAC Diving Conference yesterday. They claimed that it is still under development.
If it is truly still under development at Suunto, it must really hard to do to take this long, but then, how hard can it be to implement a well known algorithm, but then, what in the world possibly could be taking that long... OK, EOR (end of rant)

Suunto Eon Steel Will Not Display Tank Pod Number of OC Gas During Dive When Setup for CC. Guessing Which Tank You are Switching to When More than One Tank of the Same Gas.

I have a Suunto eon steel and I have the software upgraded to the latest which I believe is 1.6.5. I have been charging my computer all afternoon and evening. The battery says that it has gone from 16 hours to 25 hours, but the manual says that it should go to 27 hours. I had it serviced recently at an approved shop. Is there something wrong? If so, what? Thank you.
If you want more battery percentage to show there are a couple of things that affect your percentages. Turn your illumination to low. Also turn off Bluetooth until ready to sync up to your transmitter.

Glenn

Version 2.0
Released 3 March 2020

Suunto EON Core grows with new features and improvements.

Mobile connectivity with Suunto App

• Suunto app works as a digital logbook for your dives. Transfer your dive logs easily over Bluetooth to your mobile after diving.
  • In Suunto app you can relive, and share your diving adventures, build an all-inclusive dive history by enriching your dive logs with photos, comments and dive location. Review and analyze all your dive data including dive time, maximum depth, device settings, gas consumption (when using Suunto Tank POD).
  • The Suunto community is a vibrant and diverse group, sharing inspiring stories and experiences every day. Social sharing on Suunto app is personal- select what you want to share and to whom.
  • Suunto app can also track your other sports and daily activity with a compatible Suunto sports watch.

New easy way to keep your dive computer up to date

• Software updates will hereby be available via SuuntoLink. SuuntoLink is a desktop software available for OS and Windows that keeps your device software up to date.
  • The latest software will also be available to download in DM5.

Logbook improvement

• New features have been added to the dive log viewer in the dive computer to enhance usability and enrich the available dive info.
  • The improved and enriched summary page will help you analyze your dive by showing average depth of dive, CNS and OUT levels as well as your personal dive settings.
  • If using Suunto Tank POD you can also follow the development of your gas consumption and SAC rate.

Updated dive algorithm

The decompression algorithm Suunto FusedTM RGBM 2, is now available for Suunto EON Core. The Suunto FusedTM RGBM 2 combines and improves widely respected Suunto RGBM (Reduced Gradient Bubble Model) and Suunto FusedTM RGBM decompression models developed by Suunto together with Dr. Bruce Wienke. The Suunto FusedTM RGBM 2 has been developed to give divers various diving opportunities and especially support deep air dives by giving better optimized total dive time.

Suunto FusedTM RGBM 2 highlights:

• Optimized ascent times on deep air decompression dives
  • Enhanced dive times for repetitive dives
  • For decompression diving there is an option to select between a stepped ascent profile (3 meter /10 feet steps stops) or continuous ascent profile
  • Further developed no-fly time calculation
  • 3-meter safety stop after long decompression stops removed
Eon Core with FusedTM RGBM 2 supports open-circuit and closed-circuit diving.

Added language

Suunto EON Core is now available also in traditional Chinese.

Maintenance improvements

This release also includes enhancements to improve device performance and usability.

I wish my EON Steel was more friendly to sidemount diving. Shearwater Teric and Perdix will record both tank pressures at the same time. My EON Steel will apparently only record the "active" gas pressure at one time.

There doesnt seem to be much talk, advertising, or anything on the EON Steel now that the Core is out. Its a little discouraging to feel like I purchased the more expensive computer and am being forgotten about as far as updates and features go.
HandyInnocentAustralianshelduck-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom