PART FOR AQUALUNG ABS 2ND STAGE REGULATOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey all. would anyone have a parts breakdown with the part numbers for my ABS reg ? i will attach 2 pics. the pics of the reg is the one i have. the second is a pic of a breakdown i found but it is different than mine. i am looking for the exhaust grill. you can see in the two images that they are not the same. i assume the breakdown pictured is a newer version. i am hoping mine is still avail. thx in advance for any help you can offer. MY ABS REGULATOR.jpg download.jpg MY ABS REGULATOR.jpg download.jpg

hey all. would anyone have a parts breakdown with the part numbers for my ABS reg ? i will attach 2 pics. the pics of the reg is the one i have. the second is a pic of a breakdown i found but it is different than mine. i am looking for the exhaust grill. you can see in the two images that they are not the same. i assume the breakdown pictured is a newer version. i am hoping mine is still avail. thx in advance for any help you can offer.View attachment 533639 View attachment 533640 View attachment 533639 View attachment 533640
Your two photos are the same. Regardless, that style of exhaust grid pictured is the correct part.
If you are looking for the original part, with just two long slots in the cover instead of the four by eight grid pictured, do NOT use that original style. It was found that it could sometimes catch the edge of the exhaust valve and hold it open after a forceful exhale. Thus the change...

Your two photos are the same. Regardless, that style of exhaust grid pictured is the correct part.
If you are looking for the original part, with just two long slots in the cover instead of the four by eight grid pictured, do NOT use that original style. It was found that it could sometimes catch the edge of the exhaust valve and hold it open after a forceful exhale. Thus the change...

image 1 depicts the regulator, image is the parts diagram.....he inserted them both twice.

There was a voluntary recall at one point on the old style grill where one could take the reg to a dealer and they would swap out the old exhaust cover for the newer grid style.

-Z

image 1 depicts the regulator, image is the parts diagram.....he inserted them both twice.

There was a voluntary recall at one point on the old style grill where one could take the reg to a dealer and they would swap out the old exhaust cover for the newer grid style.

-Z
Right. And the diagram is too small to make anything out. Just making sure he is not chasing the wrong part version - might just find one of the problem ones!

Right. And the diagram is too small to make anything out. Just making sure he is not chasing the wrong part version - might just find one of the problem ones!

I agree on the diagram....I was able to expand it, it was low quality but there was enough resolution to see that it depicts the old style cover. The OP is wrong, the breakdown picture is of the older style. the phot shows the reg with the newer style cover.

I posted a link in my first response to an ebay ad for a newer style cover....I have no connection to the ebay ad.

Either cover will fit, but based on the change Aqualung made, I would think the newer style is preferred.

-Z

the breakdown picture is of the older style. the phot shows the reg with the newer style cover.

ya i just made a boo boo i guess when i posted the pics.

so mine is the newer one. ok great.

thx for all the info fellas but does anyone have the actual aqualung part # for that part?

ya i just made a boo boo i guess when i posted the pics.

so mine is the newer one. ok great.

thx for all the info fellas but does anyone have the actual aqualung part # for that part?

Part #: 116925

-Z

I've got an extra. Want it?
PM me

thats a very kind offer. but i am in a small town in canada. probably not worth the hassle for you to send such an inexpensive part to me here. i can order one from the dive shop.

i had a student who got a bit confused when doing a share air drill and he thought he was purging the reg but put his thumb through the grill instead. haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom