Chankanaab Dolphin Jailbreak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcohen1021

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know if the 5 dolphins escaped? What I have heard they did and the park does not want to acknowledge it. I saw something on TripAdvisor about it, but nothing was 'for sure'

I ask because we saw a dolphin last week while diving, which is highly unusual for CZ

Anyone?

Does anyone know if the 5 dolphins escaped? What I have heard they did and the park does not want to acknowledge it. I saw something on TripAdvisor about it, but nothing was 'for sure'

I ask because we saw a dolphin last week while diving, which is highly unusual for CZ

Anyone?

You saw a dolphin? Wow! I dunno. Is the dolphins escaping a good thing or bad thing for the dolphins? Are they able to take care of themselves in the wild? I don't care about the park.

We were @ Columbia, 5th and final dive day. I have video to prove it. I had stopped the cam when it surfaced, then I started it back up when he came back down. It lasted around 2 minutes.

You saw a dolphin?...dolphins escaping a good thing or bad thing for the dolphins? Are they able to take care of themselves in the wild?

Unless injured, guessing they can which would make it a good thing.

It's rare to see one while diving but not while boating especially in the area north of town. I've seen them from the Beach Club at Hotel Cozumel too. I photographed this one on Jan 31, 2011 while diving the north end. I was at about 60 feet when I saw a fin on the other side of a ridge. I woke my camera up & got this shot when it came into sight (I expected a shark) & it instantly turned away from me & was gone in a few seconds.

11278117664_d6085ffb4a_o.jpg

It's a few years since someone here posted their video but I think 5 dolphins joined their dive group. It does happen from time to time & when it does those who are there have to feel blessed.

It's a few years since someone here posted their video but I think 5 dolphins joined their dive group. It does happen from time to time & when it does those who are there have to feel blessed.

We definitely felt blessed... Imagine the 12 yr old Jr open water seeing this on his THIRD EVER ocean dive! :D

Anyone?

No. I'm good friends with the property manager. Unless he is not telling me the truth, he tells me that no jail breaks recently. The last big storm we had is a different story, though.

Dolphins are here. I've personally been diving here when we encountered dolphins. As we are located in the north its not uncommon to come across them in transit, too. See them on the regular when I take my jet ski north.

No. I'm good friends with the property manager. Unless he is not telling me the truth, he tells me that no jail breaks recently. The last big storm we had is a different story, though.

My DM said he had not seen a dolphin in 5 years... I had read a story about a jailbreak on TripAdvisor... Just no confirmation of if it's true. Made me wonder if this was a wild dolphin or an escapee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom