Get your DAN on!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supersaturation + turbulent flow = bubbles. Maybe older divers have accumulated atherosclerotic plaques that make what was once a safe profile in the past a riskier profile now?

Not only do Mrs Flush and I have individual dive insurance through them I also have my professional insurance through them and although I have never needed them (and hope I never do) they have been great with any questions I had for them. I also can sign my OW students up to be covered under my professional coverage while they are training.

I also can sign my OW students up to be covered under my professional coverage while they are training.
I thought that was their own, temporary policy, not actually coverage under your policy.

I thought that was their own, temporary policy, not actually coverage under your policy.

I have PRO GOLD coverage, but as I am only DM, I've never used the student insurance part.

But I think they just need to register with DAN and then you mark them in your DAN profile as students of your entry-level course with a duration from X to Y.

I look at it like any other insurance...Hope you do not need it but it sure is nice to have when you do. And Insurance is kind of important with all the activities I do (mountain Biking, rock climbing, diving), I have not heard one negative thing about DAN and its responsiveness to any incidents which is huge.

As I understand it it is their own policy but it is facilitated by the instructor. I have to log into my account then input their information as students. I am probably not saying it correctly so my apologies.

As I understand it it is their own policy but it is facilitated by the instructor. I have to log into my account then input their information as students. I am probably not saying it correctly so my apologies.
Yeah, I don't think (but am not sure) the instructor even has to be a DAN member, much be insured by DAN, to get the student coverage. Which is, I agree, an excellent thing for the students to have.

Yeah, I don't think (but am not sure) the instructor even has to be a DAN member, much be insured by DAN, to get the student coverage. Which is, I agree, an excellent thing for the students to have.
Maybe that is the case. I just assumed that since I cannot input the students information in through my personal DAN account but could through my professional one that it was tied in that way. Either way it's a nice little perk for students.
I have no illusions that DAN is not using the information to attempt to sell them dive insurance after the fact but if they are going to buy it, they could do a lot worse than DAN and if they are not then no harm in having them covered while training.

I am recently certified and the DAN insurance is a no-brainer considering how relatively inexpensive it is to buy. Newly certified and newly insured by DAN.

(I bought the Guardian plan)

Even if you think you don't need it, buy it for your dive buddies and boat captains so they don't have to worry about calling in a helicopter or cutting your suit off in an emergency. It's one of the least expensive diving purchases I make in a year but it brings me great peace of mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom