3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60F for the bed.

I use 60 for the bed, 220 for the hot end (for PLA). My stuff is made by inland, PLA and PLA+ (not really sure I can tell a difference).

I guess that you mean 60 Celcius.
I certainly did. Thanks for catching that.

I added an RPi 3B+ with OctoPi yesterday evening. Wow, that was easy and it's convenient. The install setup couldn't be easier. I had to download and install Note ++ to edit the WiFi settings, but man, that was painless. I had added a 7" touchscreen monitor to it, but I will be taking that off ASAP. No need for is as the browser access is simply awesome. I can even add a filament sensor to this and monitor it from my phone. Funny thing, I started a print last night without any filament loaded. :D I'm printing out some things suggested by @JohnnyC and then I'm going to print needed things.

FWIW, I have an RPi 4 B+ coming soon and will probably be using the touchscreen monitor on it. I got the 4GB of memory version. I have no plans for it yet, but am open to just about anything. Any ideas?

I added an RPi 3B+ with OctoPi yesterday evening. Wow, that was easy and it's convenient. The install setup couldn't be easier. I had to download and install Note ++ to edit the WiFi settings, but man, that was painless. I had added a 7" touchscreen monitor to it, but I will be taking that off ASAP. No need for is as the browser access is simply awesome. I can even add a filament sensor to this and monitor it from my phone. Funny thing, I started a print last night without any filament loaded. :D I'm printing out some things suggested by @JohnnyC and then I'm going to print needed things.

FWIW, I have an RPi 4 B+ coming soon and will probably be using the touchscreen monitor on it. I got the 4GB of memory version. I have no plans for it yet, but am open to just about anything. Any ideas?

No experience with the 4 but I have a 3+ running octoprint. Very cool stuff. There's also an app (one time payment) that lets you monitor and control printer from your phone (even remotely). It's called Printoid. It's like having ocotoprint installed on your phone. The layout is great and the developer responds quickly to emails (in my experience). I have android, but I'm sure there's an iphone version.

I have a webcam connected to the 3+ so I can see if a print is going south. It's nice to be able to start something in the morning and monitor it from work.

****Make sure your printer has thermal runaway protection installed in the software before leaving the printer running while your away (or so I've read). No need to burn the house down. I had to flash mine to do so.

I certainly did. Thanks for catching that.

For a minute you had me questioning if it was F, lol:p

@JohnnyC Here's looking at you and seeing if you measure up...

full?d=1565983946.jpg

I'm having a problem with one of my wire looms. It got caught in the Z limit switch, so it was trying to print on air. This was the second time it's done this, so I moved the control box a bit and used Velcro to bind it to the other loom that goes up the unit. I'll be keeping an eye on it. You can see that I didn't let the print get to far.

full?d=1565983946.jpg

full?d=1565983946.jpg

@JohnnyC Here's looking at you and seeing if you measure up...

20190816_104559_720.jpg

I'm having a problem with one of my wire looms. It got caught in the Z limit switch, so it was trying to print on air. This was the second time it's done this, so I moved the control box a bit and used Velcro to bind it to the other loom that goes up the unit. I'll be keeping an eye on it. You can see that I didn't let the print get to far.

20190816_103833_720.jpg

20190816_103903_720.jpg

Pictures not working again (for me at least) :(

OK, I think the issue is with this red PLA. I have it down to 300C, but it just doesn't look crisp. All the other filaments look fine. I hadn't used this brand before and will stick with Hatchbox.

full?d=1565992872.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom