Gear Sanity Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've very rarely seen anyone dive without one so just wondering.
Around the PNW (cold/dark/deep), I've rarely seen anyone dive WITH one! I'd trust the Shearwater much more than the console, and as recommended, just run an SPG for pressure - nice and clean.

Around the PNW (cold/dark/deep), I've rarely seen anyone dive WITH one! I'd trust the Shearwater much more than the console, and as recommended, just run an SPG for pressure - nice and clean.

Agreed, here I've only seen consoles on student/rental gear.
I have a clip-on Suunto compass I put on my wrist computer and am working on a small backup nav board with depth gauge, larger compass, and timer to put in a pocket or on my other wrist

Agreed on ditching the console, if you plan on a lot of diving it will just get in the way. Shearwaters are more than reliable enough. I wouldn't opt for the quattro especially if you are heading down the tech route. They are OK fins but I'd go for a single material fin as they tend to last a lot longer. Deep 6 eddys or rk3s both solid options and (without trying to receive too much hate from the quattro lovers) are just better fins than the quattros.

@SeasideNomad , have you read the recent thread on Scubapro Hydros here on Scubaboard? If you do indeed go that route, you'll want to ensure that the new one that you're purchasing has the newest bungie configuration.

Back
Top Bottom