Found in Saba - What's this fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Found this fish in Saba at the beginning of the month hiding under a coral overhang at around 50 feet. It was around one inch in length and fairly unbothered by my presence. Based on size, I'd guess it's a juvenile, but that could be an incorrect assumption. I've been searching and searching but can't seem to find anything that looks like it. Does anyone know what it might be?

Found this fish in Saba at the beginning of the month hiding under a coral overhang at around 50 feet. It was around one inch in length and fairly unbothered by my presence. Based on size, I'd guess it's a juvenile, but that could be an incorrect assumption. I've been searching and searching but can't seem to find anything that looks like it. Does anyone know what it might be?

Looks like a juvenile Ballyhoo/Halfbeak (Hemiramphus brasiliensis)

Arrowhead Blenny © DSC_8550-3.jpg

Arrow Blenny or occasionally. Arrowhead Blenny, lucayablennius zingaro

Cool shot. Mrs. Stoo takes a perverse pleasure in finding these things knowing I can't resist trying to shoot them. I have a "few" shots that are lacking... ;-)
Not my shot. But I do have a few shots of Arrow Blenny in a hole that went unidentified for several years... They just look very different when they are hiding.

Back
Top Bottom