New Member in Erie Pennsylvania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know how that goes! But not to worry, the divers around here (and divers in general) are a great bunch and diving is a team activity. As you get to know people, you'll find dive buddies. It's more a "have a number of divers who offered to be a dive buddy" than just having one, schedules being what they are. Let me know when you are going to do your final open water dive and I might be able to be there.

Hello all, I'm starting down my scuba journey next week. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and learn as much as I can. I've been interested in getting certified for 15 years now but finally have the time and money to realize this dream. I can't wait to experience some of the amazing shipwrecks we have in Lake Erie. Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet some of you in the water some day!
Welcome to our forum. It's a wonderful place to learn about diving. Great people here.

Well as of today is official, I passed my open water and should have my C card in about ten days! Looking forward to many new adventures!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Dive in the water's fine!

Welcome and congrats on your cert! Grew up in Fairview, but now live in S. Florida where the water is a tad bit warmer, and the only ice see diving is in my drink afterwards!

Hello all, I'm starting down my scuba journey next week. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and learn as much as I can. I've been interested in getting certified for 15 years now but finally have the time and money to realize this dream. I can't wait to experience some of the amazing shipwrecks we have in Lake Erie. Hopefully I'll have a chance to meet some of you in the water some day!

Welcome to the community, both Scubaboard and Erie, PA diving! I’m one of the instructors who was working with the small class out front during your Tuesdays. We’re happy to have you! THIS WEEKEND we have Tall Ships show in Erie and we will have an exhibit there on our Lake Erie Archaeology team, PASST. We’ll be in the convention center nearest the largest of the boats that will be on display. Come on down and see us Friday or Sunday. Saturday consider joining the Blue Dolphins as they do the Niagara River drift dive. Great stuff! Of course, if drift dive doesn’t work out for your plans then come see Tall Ships on Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Thank you all for welcoming me to the community. I've only been a part of the scuba community for a few weeks now but I honestly have to say, it's the best group of people I've ever met.

Welcome and congrats on your cert! Grew up in Fairview, but now live in S. Florida where the water is a tad bit warmer, and the only ice see diving is in my drink afterwards!

Jenny, that's awesome! If I ever find myself in Florida we'll have to meet up and drain a few bottles of Nitrox!

Welcome to the community, both Scubaboard and Erie, PA diving! I’m one of the instructors who was working with the small class out front during your Tuesdays. We’re happy to have you! THIS WEEKEND we have Tall Ships show in Erie and we will have an exhibit there on our Lake Erie Archaeology team, PASST. We’ll be in the convention center nearest the largest of the boats that will be on display. Come on down and see us Friday or Sunday. Saturday consider joining the Blue Dolphins as they do the Niagara River drift dive. Great stuff! Of course, if drift dive doesn’t work out for your plans then come see Tall Ships on Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

jsnyder, Thank you! I will definitely try to make it down to Tall Ships to see you guys. I'm definitely joining the Blue Dolphins, just have to get to the meeting. I'm planning on going to the Niagara River dive but I won't be able to get wet this year as I don't have any gear yet.

I also want to add the backstory as to why I say scuba divers are the best community of people I've ever met. The first day of my Open Water Dives was Saturday. Friday night my godson was extremely sick and running a high fever. I laid awake with him most of the night and finally fell asleep when he did at 6:15 a.m. I missed my alarm and didn't walk out the door until 8:35 when I was supposed to be at the dive site at 8:30. In my rush to get out the door I grabbed everything but my fins. I didn't realize my mistake until I got to the dive site and started getting my gear ready. I walked over and told the instructor what was going on. He asked if anybody had an extra set of fins, everybody said no. As I was talking to the instructor about when I could make up the dive one of the guys that had come out with the intention of diving just for fun stepped up and offered his fins so I could complete my dives that day! I never got his name and after I came out of the water and gave him his fins back he left before I had a chance to talk to him. He gave up a day of diving so that I could get certified. That is true dedication to preserving the sport! If I ever see him again I owe him a lot and I intend to make good on that.

Paying it forward...... Nice!

I happened to have a regulator spare with me on a trip that was about 6 hours from home. Guy on the boat had his regulator fail while putting stuff together at the dock. I went to my bags, pulled out the regulator, and handed it to him. Great weekend of diving. Got it back when we ended....

Fast forward to this year. Setting up my gear (again, 6 hourds from home), and what the heck??? Missing my wing-nuts to mount my doubles. Guy I never met before who is on the trip pulls out a plastic tub, and hands me what I need.

We all help each other when we can!

Sometime we will need it ourselves....

Jenny, that's awesome! If I ever find myself in Florida we'll have to meet up and drain a few bottles of Nitrox!
And when you come down bring me a case of Railbender Ale!

Back
Top Bottom