Physical SSI Certification Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squirm88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I e-mailed SSI but never received a response. I completed a EANx certification on July 3. I can verify the certification on the SSI website. Does SSI mail a physical certification card after completing the course? My instructor said a phyical card would be mailed to me by SSI, but that never happened.

I realize you can download an app and show certification that way. But I prefer a physical card. Thanks!

Physical Copies are "Sold" at the tine if training for an additional fee, usually around 20usd. If purchased at a later date the fee will be more.

Physical Copies are "Sold" at the tine if training for an additional fee, usually around 20usd. If purchased at a later date the fee will be more.
Thanks. I guess my instructor gave me some bad information. I don't see an option on the SSI website for purchasing a physical card. Where do you buy one? You would think with the costs of these courses they could include a piece of plastic that costs less than a $1...

I believe the purchase is through any SSI shop, they will place the order. I am not sure if a purchase is availabke online.

handful of years ago I misplaced my SSI OW certification card. I called SSI and asked if a replacment could be obtained...they responded that one could surly be printed and mailed to me for a $50 fee. That motivated me to keep digging until I found my original card.

Talk to your instructor and see if he ordered a physical card for you...if he did then have him follow up on it. If it got lost in the mail then tell him to have SSI send him the replacement and retrieve that from him. If he did not order you one see if you can take advantage of him ordering you one for the lower cost mentioned by someone above.

Good luck.

-Z

My daughter certified through an SSI shop. SSI sent the cards to the shop and we picked 'em up there.

My shop prints them on demand. I think it is only $10 for the card, or that you get a $10 discount when you sign up if you opt out of the card. Had the girl working at the time known how to use the printer, I would have had my EANx card as soon as I passed the test, but I had to go back and get it a couple days later when a different person was there to print it for me.

As Kmarks says most shops print them on the spot and hand them over to the customer.
Absolutely! At my shop we are required to finish all paperwork and print a physical card and printed certificate within 24 hours of course completion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom