Cover/sleeve for Cooper hoses? Or, NERD2 mount for rEvo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have Cooper hoses on my rEvo. I like to use velcro tie-wraps around the loop hose to keep my HUD cable from moving around (the rEvo mount options I have found for the NERD2 all suck).

The velcro sticks to the green material on the outside of the Coopers and is tearing it up. (also, I don't like green)

Does anybody have a suggestion on a cover/sleeve to put over the Coopers?

I'm thinking worst case, I can figure out a size of bicycle inner tube that fits over without being too tight and use that. If there is such a thing.

I've seen some people with a regular BCD with some kind of sleeve over their corrugated inflator hose. Maybe something like that?

I'm open to all suggestions.

Or, going back to my first paragraph, is there a mount option for the NERD2 to fit on the rEvo (Drager) DSV that will hold the NERD2 without letting it move around at all? I have 2 different types of mounts for it and both of them clip onto the DSV barrel and then can slide side to side and rotate up and down. Annoying as f***.

A couple of properly placed velcro tie-wraps seem to secure the cable so that it stays in position reasonably well - only requiring adjustment a couple of times per dive. But, really, a solid way of mounting would be really nice.

golem and oxycheq both make loop hose covers

might be easier to sew your own tubes from whatever fabric you want though

golem and oxycheq both make loop hose covers

might be easier to sew your own tubes from whatever fabric you want though

Thank you.

I also found a place called ScubaDoRags. They make covers that are intended to go over a BCD inflator hose or a pony tail. 20" long. Stretchy and available in a variety of patterns. Perfect for what I want, I think. I ordered 2, so I guess I'll find out.

Bungee loops work well to hold the cables.

You can also buy velcro watch bands on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01APV5X7S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bands have a wider nylon strap under the velcro and would keep the velcro from sticking to the cover on the Coopers.

I actually made some hose covers and sewed these bands on to them on to secure cables and hoses. However, I rarely use them and just use bungee loops. It's most more stuff going on than I needed.

@jgttrey Thanks. The watch band thing is a good idea.

But, I now have a plan (and stuff on order). I posted the same basic question in the (a?) rEvo group on FB.

One of the guys there said if I put a layer of electrical tape around the DSV barrel, the HUD clip will go on and stay put better. So, I'm going to do that.

And put the ScubaDoRag covers on the loop hoses.

ScubaDo Hose Cover Super Size for Inflator, Rebreather and Ponytail Hair - Scuba Do Rag

And I got some of these EPDM Ranger Bands recently. They seem to be a very good fit to go on over the loop hose, so I'm going to try one of those right next to the DSV to hold the NERD cable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NQWQK5/

Hopefully, the tape and the EPDM band will be enough to keep the NERD from moving around. And the covers will give a little protection to the hoses (minimal) and make them look not so ... green (ugh!). :) LOL

What I’ve found that some people do is put the Velcro wraps upside down so the hook side is facing out. That way they don’t tear up the loop. Additionally, rEvo has branded loop hoses but it looks like you’ve already gone the route of the scubadoorag covers.

Dont know if it will work with coopers but this adapter works well. It pretty solid the rest of the shearwater parts up to you if it moves or not

Is that just the normal Shearwater CCR mount clamped over the end of the loop hose? With the hose clamp turned to fit in the mount clamp gap?

I never thought of that, but if that works, that is genius! I have that Shearwater mount also. I bought the NERD2 Fischer, so it came with that mount.

EDIT: Never mind. I just tried it. There must be some kind of spacer between that Shearwater clamp and the DSV. What is that spacer? Did you buy it or make it?

Back
Top Bottom