Flights to Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got off the phone with Lisa of Aggressor Liveaboard. She said the transfer from Hurghada airport to Port Ghalib is not free. It’ll cost me $119 each way and takes 3.5 hours.

Since my return flight will be on the next day, I arranged a day trip to Luxor before heading back to Hurghada & home.

240 usd ?? too much, my friend, too much.... Aggressor price..... but it takes 3.5 or 4 hours, that's true.

240 usd ?? too much, my friend, too much.... Aggressor price..... but it takes 3.5 or 4 hours, that's true.

How much have you paid and which transportation would you recommend, including contact number, please?

It looks like I’m going to have a free morning (8.5 hours) on December 21, 2019. My airplane will land at 3am and boarding RSA1 won’t be until at 4pm. Any suggestion on what to do / see in Hurghada?

It looks like I’m going to have a free morning (8.5 hours) on December 21, 2019. My airplane will land at 3am and boarding RSA1 won’t be until at 4pm. Any suggestion on what to do / see in Hurghada?

The beach and pool at Marriott Hurghada is super nice. Strange but there was a happy hour at beach side bar, but not poolside... different schedules for it.

The massage is great also, highly reccomend it.

The hotel is a quick walk to tons of good restaurants.

Whatever you do, DO NOT stay at siva port ghalib in marsa alam

I’m totally missing something I think.... there is just no way I would do an 8 hour return trip in a car in Egypt when perfectly good boats leave from hurghadha dock....and I think do pretty much exactly the same itineraries....

Honestly, what am I missing?

I’m totally missing something I think.... there is just no way I would do an 8 hour return trip in a car in Egypt when perfectly good boats leave from hurghadha dock....and I think do pretty much exactly the same itineraries....

8 hour return trip from where to where?

I think @Ministryofgiraffes is referring to 3.5 - 4 hrs from Hurghada airport to Port Ghalib (Marsa Alam), where the Aggressor ports, and then another 3.5 - 4 hours back, for a total of 8 hours.

It’s OK for me. It’s my first time going from Hurghada to Port Ghalib. On the return, I’ll be going to Luxor then back to Hurghada.

Which perfectly good boats are going from Hurghada on December 21, 2019?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom