Need your help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleeivy

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just picked up an Ocean Reef Neptune II mask but the previous owner smoked and now the mask has a strong cigarette odor. Any suggestions on what can be used to clean the mask and hopefully eliminate the smoke smell?
Thanks,
Kylee

Pull it to pieces and scrub and soak in a strong mix of washing powder
then after a good rinsing soak it in some water for a week then repeat.

I have no idea how to answer your question but Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Try a dissolved ozone spray if you can get ahold of it - that was the only thing that removed a cigarette smoke smell from an old car I had once upon a time. I'm quite certain that it's safe on all surfaces, but it should be able to break-down all of the gunk.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I would clean it thoroughly, inside and out with baby shampoo, rinse well, and dry, then "bury" it inside a clean bucket, covered with de-odorizing (new from the bag) cat litter. Yes, you heard me right! Cat litter is amazing at removing odors. Leave it buried for a week, rinse and leave it out of its case in your home for a few days to completely air-out. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom