• Scubapro Seawing Nova Gorilla

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tusa Hyflex Switch

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Tusa Hyfled Switch Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roninmbattousai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Alright Hive Mind, once again starting a thread on a similar subject to others but want to narrow the area. Who has used any of these fins/what do they think of them/which would they buy again if they had the chance? Specifically looking at comparing the Scubapro Seawing Nova, Scubapro Seawing Nova Gorilla, Tusa Hyflex Switch, and the Tusa Hyflex Switch Pro (which is the hardest one to find anyone's opinion on).

I am open to other suggestions of fins but I keep finding myself coming back to these as i am mostly diving wetsuit ocean tropics and non-cave springs. Not sure about stiffness being such a huge factor since i have heard both directions on it, so additional clarity on reasons for it helps. And I would love if someone has actually used both the Seawing and the Hyflex to get a real 1-1 comparison since they both are in the same price range.

The Novas I found were like diving with wet noodles on my feet. I quite liked the Gorillas, very comfortable and much stiffer than the Novas. I sold them after getting tangled in discarded fishing line, my local has a ton of that. Not familiar with Tusa. I've tried most of the 'big name" commonly popular fins on the market. I finally settled on DiveRite XTs for wet suit and Maras Power Planas for dry. I predominantly frog kick for what it's worth. If you flutter kick the XTs might be too stiff unless you've legs like hulk. I do not. I have small feet.

For $100 less, why not Tusa Solas? Been using them for warm water and they seem stiff enough for various kicks, but are just a little too flexible for cold water - still prefer my Deep6 Eddies.

still prefer my Deep6 Eddies

Have one pair and need me some XXL for the boots (if they will ever go back in stock)

Jet Fins till the day i die

Deep6 Eddy fins. Cheaper than any of your picks, light enough to easily keep your feet up in a thin wetsuit, stiff enough for any of the precise positioning kicks.

Take a look at this experiment: Fin experiment with totally unexpected results.

I think all the hype about different fins is more smoke than real. I don't think that there are huge differences between fins over the ad copy.
When I saw you were linking to an experiment i was excited to see some real raw data on the subject. However, that looked to just be a subjective look with no real breakdown of method across multiple individuals or statistical analysis of products/physcology (would love a blind study but that is kind of impossible really).

I understand that the adverts are influencing many people's opinions on products, but at the same time many people do actually enjoy using these products beyond other style of fins. And even with that there is something to be said for believing in the confidence of your fins to aiding to your process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom