Teric bungee mount adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, this is a better design. I'd get one like this for the Teric, but not the one shown.
and also NATO style strap. loooong one so you can use on Dry suit too... again, as it was made for Suunto before - Tibby adapters.

Any reason to not simply run a couple bungee loops through the screw bars? I had my Geo 2.0 like this for years until it recently died

Any reason to not simply run a couple bungee loops through the screw bars? I had my Geo 2.0 like this for years until it recently died

You mean, between the Teric and the strap pins? If you do it that way and a strap pin breaks, the Teric falls off your arm.

If you mean, through the holes that the strap pins go through on the Teric body, they are not big enough to fit any bungee through that I have.

You mean, between the Teric and the strap pins? If you do it that way and a strap pin breaks, the Teric falls off your arm.

If you mean, through the holes that the strap pins go through on the Teric body, they are not big enough to fit any bungee through that I have.

Yes between the PC and the strap pins. The bungee loops go though both strap pin gaps though so they are "double captured" like a nato strap. If one pin falls out, the other is still holding the bungee loops

Yes between the PC and the strap pins. The bungee loops go though both strap pin gaps though so they are "double captured" like a nato strap. If one pin falls out, the other is still holding the bungee loops

My bad. You said "bungee loop", but my mind did not translate that to a closed loop. Totally my bad.

I'm not sure I have any bungee thin enough to fit through that gap, though. I'll have to dig out a Teric and look at it. My recollection is making me think that gap is pretty skinny.

My bad. You said "bungee loop", but my mind did not translate that to a closed loop. Totally my bad.

I'm not sure I have any bungee thin enough to fit through that gap, though. I'll have to dig out a Teric and look at it. My recollection is making me think that gap is pretty skinny.

no worries - I didn't exactly explain what I meant at first

I believe this is 1/8" bungee - some cheap junk I got off ebay. I had to crush it a bit to get it to fit - The Geo has no space between the pin and the body. A Nato strap doesn't even fit. It's not terribly attractive but it's worked for years
48607782963_345dc94612_b.jpg

FWIW, I did get a NATO strap to fit my Atom 3.0 (same body as Geo 2, I think). It was not easy, but it did fit.

How well does your setup work for keeping it in place on a bare arm and also still fitting over a drysuit sleeve with a thick undergarment?

Back
Top Bottom