September roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The beds at Blue Angel are firm but not (to me, anyway) uncomfortably so. The shore diving is very good by local standards and access to the water is only a few feet from the dive shop. The restaurant/bar there is excellent and the pool is very nice although not all that big. The hotel and the grounds are pretty small, so everything is close by; I can get from my room to the dock in about a minute max.

The rooms are large and well insulated from each other, though you will hear some street sounds. It's a little rustic but clean and the A/C minisplits work well. The water in the showers takes a while to get hot, and the wifi is spotty in the rooms though usually pretty good in the lobby. It's a four story building and there is no elevator.

I stay there every time I go to Cozumel; it checks all the boxes for me.

How is the breakfast? Is it easy to get breakfast before the Tres P pickup time?

How is the breakfast? Is it easy to get breakfast before the Tres P pickup time?

Absolutely. When I stayed there we dived with SWM and a pier pickup at 7:30am, about as early as it gets. We don't take long to eat so we seldom got there before 7am but they always had it ready within 5 minutes. It's very good, included in room rate, made to order not buffet. We would leave our bags on the pier at 6:50am, walk up to the restaurant, and have breakfast while looking out at the ocean. We would see their boat approaching far enough away for us to finish up and walk down to pier as they were tying off.

I consider that one of the pros of staying there. You don't have to wait around at a shop or the marina, you can sit at a table sipping coffee and enjoying a great view.

September is looking light. I’ll be there August 31 to September 7 with a small group. Trying a new place. Village TanKah and Scuba Shack.

Absolutely. When I stayed there we dived with SWM and a pier pickup at 7:30am, about as early as it gets. We don't take long to eat so we seldom got there before 7am but they always had it ready within 5 minutes. It's very good, included in room rate, made to order not buffet. We would leave our bags on the pier at 6:50am, walk up to the restaurant, and have breakfast while looking out at the ocean. We would see their boat approaching far enough away for us to finish up and walk down to pier as they were tying off.

I consider that one of the pros of staying there. You don't have to wait around at a shop or the marina, you can sit at a table sipping coffee and enjoying a great view.

Do you mostly take taxis to get around? We've always rented a car for the week but we would only be using it this time to go into town to get dinner every night. I'm sure it would be easy to get a taxi to take us into town, but what about getting back? Also what do taxis typically cost from Blue Angel to downtown?

Do you mostly take taxis to get around? We've always rented a car for the week but we would only be using it this time to go into town to get dinner every night. I'm sure it would be easy to get a taxi to take us into town, but what about getting back? Also what do taxis typically cost from Blue Angel to downtown?

I don't recall exact amounts because it's not worth worrying over but taxis to/from Blue Angel run 70-90 pesos last year. Getting back after dinner was no problem.

We sometimes rent a car for a few days and rented the whole week when staying at a southern AI but taxis are readily available except maybe midnight to 6am..

I’ll be diving in Cozumel on September 1 and 2. Unfortunately, I am the only person booked with Living Underwater, and Jeremy, the owner/DM, needs three customers to justify taking out the boat.

I assume most folks who already have trips booked to Cozumel also have their preferred dive ops and are probably already booked with them, but if case anybody here does not, please consider diving with Living Underwater and me. It’s a great operation with large capacity steel tanks, long bottom times (usually 65-70 minutes for me), leisurely diving, and Jeremy is excellent. And, obviously, the boat isn’t likely to be crowded (it wouldn’t be, even when full).

09/21/2019 - 09/28/2019 Coral Princess Golf and Dive Resort. Always Aldora, but maybe some with Liquid Blue and only then because they also offer high cap steel. would consider another under those conditions and pricing.... Boats have to good though.... with gear storage and cleaning facility.

SEPTEMBER DIVING -

8/30 - 9/3 - tiger1974 - Hotel Villablanca - ScubaLuis

8/31 - 9/7 - ReefHound+ - Village TanKah - Scuba Shack

9/1 - 9/2 - cal776 - ?? - Living Underwater

9/1 - 9/19 - ccannon707 - Casita Caribe - Pepe Scuba

9/13 - 9/23 - horn34 - Centro Airbnb - Aldora

9/15 - 10/6 - judydivescoz - Corpus Christi - Liquid Blue

9/20 - Pat.D - Cruise ship

9/21 - 9/28 - LimitedSlip7 - Casa Mexicana(?) - 3P

9/21 - 9/28 - OkByMe - Coral Princess - Always Aldora, maybe Liquid Blue

:D:D:D

Back