Dumb Laws Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I'll pick on my own state now...

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
(I would be afraid to see what would happen if this were ever enforced)

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

In the great city of Houston (where I grew up)..

Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday.

Temple Tx...

You can ride your horse in the saloon

No one may ride a horse and buggy through the town square.

And finally Texarkana...

Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.

TwoBit

Nomaster:
Thanks, that made my search quick.
In Wilbur, Washington it's illegal to ride an ugly horse in the city limits.

Tom

LOL I've been to Wilbur... and I didn't see an ugly horse, so I guess there doing a good job of enforcing that law!

In PA:

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel. However up to 120 men can live together, without breaking the law.

You may not catch a fish with your hands.

Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.

It is against the law to carry a concealed weapon without a permit, but you can carry a NON-concealed weapon without a permit unless someone complains about it, then you can be arrested. (this is the condensed explanation that I received when I asked)

Kayla:
LOL I've been to Wilbur... and I didn't see an ugly horse, so I guess there doing a good job of enforcing that law!
Back in the days of Black and White TV, there was a show called "Mr. Ed, the talking horse" Ed's owner's name was Wilbur. The show still might be on Nickolodeon, it was a good clean family program.
If you can imagine Wilbur being said while whinnying, that's how I've always heard the name of the town in my mind; when I heard about that law I fell out laughing.

Tom

Dave in PA:
In PA:

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.
)

I wonder how they handle dorms..... hmmm....

In Jackson, MS, it's illegal to drive a motor driven vehicle on Capital St. on Sunday.

TwoBitTxn:
In Chester...

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

In Hereford

You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

Ok what is it wish shooting Welshmen????
Hey you lot go hunting Moose and bears and stuff , leave us to our simple pleasures :eyebrow:

In Scotland, by law, if someone comes to your door and asks to use your toilet, you have to let them.

I can only imagine this is in direct relation to drunk Scots getting caught short on the way home from the pub!

And before anyone complains - I'm a Scot, born and bred! :wink:

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

Maryland
It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag.
Texas
It is illegal for a man to kick his wife out of bed.
It is illegal to place a "FOR SALE" sign on your car if it can be seen from the street.
Men can got to jail for patting females on the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom