Where to buy an 18650 battery on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a place to get a reasonably priced replacement for my dive light battery. Specs are:
18650/3000mAh/3.7V/Protection Circuit/Button-top.

TIA,
Dan

That might be a hard find here on Cozumel. Not sure if Scuba Repair has them. What kind of light? We use big blue with that battery so could loan you a battery if you are stuck.
Very nice!

Go by Tres Pelicanos and ask Pony or Julio to barrow one. I am pretty sure I have a couple spares on the charger, if not and you barrow a shop battery and do not bring it back when you leave, I will replace it and flame you eternally. Tell them Gary sent you (I know I have at least three more spares in my dry bag in the bodega if they run low)
By the way its the same light I use, best light I have had

@gopbroek Good suggestion. I'm diving with 3P so will ask when I get there this morning. Anything borrowed WILL be returned! :)

I'm curious? Did your battery go bad, or charger?

Go by Tres Pelicanos and ask Pony or Julio to barrow one.

Julio hooked me up this morning. Thanks again for the suggestion.
By the way its the same light I use, best light I have had

I love the light also; however the battery and charger leave a little to be desired.

I'm curious? Did your battery go bad, or charger?

The battery came shipped with the outer cover beginning to peel off. It's now peeled back far enough so that the bottom (negative) terminal cap is coming off. Upon receipt I sent pix to DGE and they told me the cover was merely cosmetic, and not to worry about it.:rolleyes: Oh well - it's a good light and the batteries aren't that expensive so I'm just gonna move on.

Julio hooked me up this morning. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I love the light also; however the battery and charger leave a little to be desired.

The battery came shipped with the outer cover beginning to peel off. It's now peeled back far enough so that the bottom (negative) terminal cap is coming off. Upon receipt I sent pix to DGE and they told me the cover was merely cosmetic, and not to worry about it.:rolleyes: Oh well - it's a good light and the batteries aren't that expensive so I'm just gonna move on.

Whoa. I've never known DGX to give out such dangerous advice.

The entire case of the battery, save for the isolated positive terminal at the top, is the negative pole of the battery. The wrap insures that only the bottom part of the negative terminal is non-insulated, and able to contact the negative terminal of the light. If the case is exposed, as can occur with a damaged battery wrap, the battery can potentially short circuit and cause a number of significantly bad things.

You hear about vapes blowing up, most often that is due to batteries short-circuiting, going all runaway, and oh the humanity.

Damaged battery wraps on 18650's are dangerous.

Is it lithium? You do not want to expose that to air. Fire in the hole.

Get rid of it safely.

Back
Top Bottom