Replace Suunto Favor with Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm reading through the manual now. It says that the date and time should always display when the device is inactive. I dont have the unit in my hand yet, but have pictures of it. And the pictures do not show anything on the LCD. I'm thinking that is a bad sign. Either a dead unit, or dead battery. Can anyone confirm?

On our Favor, date and time are always displayed. You are correct in that it is either a dead unit or dead battery. Since these are rather robust units, I would suspect the battery. The battery, while not designed to be user friendly to change, is not too difficult. You can find a battery on ebay and google instructions.

Check with battastic on eBay. Assembles his own kits with the correct battery, o-ring and lube.

Suunto Favor, wow takes me back!! Obviously you have had yours a while and this shows the reliability of this unit. I am pretty sure the favor has ben discontinued for several years (10+???) but i could be wrong. The Zoop follows the industry wide trend towards making more cinservative units. I think the dimensions are about the same and the Zoop would fit in your console.
In my experience the Zoop is a little unreliable. I have seen several units fail, usually due to depth module failure. The battery connections are also a little weak, meaning a bang in the dive bag tends to reset the unit. Having said that I just bought my 3rd zoop, as it is the best value unit out there. I am a pro diver, doing around 400 dives a year and expect a zoop to last two years. Then i just replace it.

4508BE6E-057C-47BA-8877-433405A1F872.jpeg I just got the Suunto favor it appears to be an easy computer to learn I have just ordered the replacement battery from Amazon. Com. It look like an easy installation as well say it done on YouTube. I also have a Divers watch as well. I wanted to try this divers computer out since I’m new at diving good entry level and good reviews as well.

Back
Top Bottom