Yet another ingenious UW breathing device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE

Over 2 years and close to 3 million dollars across two crowdfunding sites and yet they still have not successfully reverse engineered the advanced technology of Spare Air.

SCORKL - Breathe underwater with TOTAL freedom

Now it seems there's some issue with VAT taxes driving the backers price up even more but at this point, there's no escape for investors.

QUOTE from backer:
Rahatianpur 8 days ago

After waiting so long for this product, I have to pay $145 VAT extra and $49 for upgrade pro!! Sorry ! I want my money back!! You can keep your product!!

QUOTE from the project founder:
David Hallamore 8 days ago
PROJECT OWNER

Refunds
I can’t offer refunds I’m afraid since funds have already been committed to a large manufacturing order which is already now complete. The SCORKL is a new product which launched on Kickstarter and Indiegogo so the orders were pre-sales. That policy has to apply to everyone in the same way I’m sorry, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to make the manufacturing order with confidence.

it was very nice ending of this topic, but...
I was unable to mute, when I see this pictures :)
-LcjTVtnWbQ.jpg

Do you know them?
Elon Musk Reveals New SpaceX Spacesuit - Universe Today
spacex-suit.jpg

or
SpaceX’s First Astronauts Train Up for Space, but Crew Dragon Faces Delays
robert-behnken-prepping-for-the-big-launch.jpe

They are crew of futured Dragon spaceship! :)
(no, I really wish them best luck and total success, but... it looks so similar...)

Could you remember this topic I smell another crowdfunding campaign on the horizon and one of the links from there:
D-Mask
31a8e965139379.5ae9fb64ece8d.jpg

It has name D-Mask :)

c1555c65139379.5afc5c45ed482.jpg

And white ones, imaged above - E.Mask, I think :) (Elon Musk crew and space suits)

How it works????? (about E.Mask masks is my question)
:)

Don't spacers need to clear their ears?

In response to the OP:

"I see dead people."

Reactions: Doc
At least previous vaporware rebreather scams like the Hydroid and the Triton Gill had some some faked pictures of it underwater. These Dmask people aren't even trying. There's only one artsy picture with the ocean in the background.

Did you know all astronauts are scuba divers? From https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/606877main_FS-2011-11-057-JSC-astro_trng.pdf

"As part of the Astronaut Candidate training program, candidates are required to complete military water survival before beginning their flying syllabus, and become SCUBA qualified to prepare them for spacewalk training. Consequently, all Astronaut Candidates are required to pass a swimming test during their first month of training. They must swim 3 lengths of a 25-meter pool without stopping, and then swim 3 lengths of the pool in a flight suit and tennis shoes with no time limit. They must also tread water continuously for 10 minutes wearing a flight suit."

So if you find yourself next to an astronaut someday, you'll have a topic to break the ice with :)

I was more thinking of a fart rebreather.

Dry suit infiltrator?

Spacesuits have a little foam block that the astronauts can press their nostrils against to perform a valsalva.
Valsalva device - Wikipedia
View attachment 588173
just some of cosmonauts has nosal pad :) most of others has very good eustachean tubes, always opened, and no need to compensate presure :)
most of pictures of Sokol spacesuit has not this foam block.
Samantha is more engeneer, than superwoman, and need some assistance for it.. :)
GkrTFsJaNKc.jpg

Wow! They are really going to space!!!
online translation:
or same from NASA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom