Cell phone pics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Weefine smart housing and love it.
Didn’t bother with the version with the computer on it as it seemed pointless.

you can use the Dive+ app but I would recommend the Weefine app as it enables 4K recording and it also uses less than 50% of the battery power that the dive+ app does.

I’ve got a small video light but unless it’s a dark dive my iPhone XS camera handles low light really well.

I do use my light as a red light to add colour and for focus assist.

B3C55B3F-8517-4AFA-A6E8-A6B4F28A1AFD.jpeg DFB627F3-E985-455A-8E00-6769794ACE22.jpeg 61D2B3CB-AD69-4020-91CD-046571F99B7D.jpeg

To be able to print it in decent quality you will need a very high - end camera , not a go-pro / cell phone / budget camera.

With that being said, i personally wouldn't bother with the Kraken housing.

Not to mention the fact that you cant use the touchscreen underwater, i wouldn't risk my phone like that. too many ways of loosing it / damaging it .

You can get a Go Pro 5/6 for the same amount of money and have a dedicated diving camera that is more capable in those conditions.

To be able to print it in decent quality you will need a very high - end camera , not a go-pro / cell phone / budget camera.

Please keep in mind that everyone has a different definition of "decent quality". Generally, for most non-artistic applications, 300dpi is fine. An iPhone X or GoProHero 7 Black is approx 4000px by 3000px, so you can print a 10"x13" photo of very good quality. A GoPro from 2018 can print a good 9"x12" photo.

The average Joe would probably be happy with 200dpi or even 150dpi, depending on the content.

Now, if you're a photography buff concerned about shooting in 'raw' mode and all that... "decent quality" is at a whole different level.

Please keep in mind that everyone has a different definition of "decent quality". Generally, for most non-artistic applications, 300dpi is fine. An iPhone X or GoProHero 7 Black is approx 4000px by 3000px, so you can print a 10"x13" photo of very good quality. A GoPro from 2018 can print a good 9"x12" photo.

The average Joe would probably be happy with 200dpi or even 150dpi, depending on the content.

Now, if you're a photography buff concerned about shooting in 'raw' mode and all that... "decent quality" is at a whole different level.

I agree you'll probably be able to get a decent picture on a 10x13' canvas but in my head when i think of printing a picture to hang on the wall it will be a big one :D i was thinking around the 20x35 range (could be even bigger depending on the picture and camera).

I don't have the money nor the patience to become a photography buff, ill stick to my go-pro for now :D

With that being said, i personally wouldn't bother with the Kraken housing.

Not to mention the fact that you cant use the touchscreen underwater, i wouldn't risk my phone like that. too many ways of loosing it / damaging it .

You can get a Go Pro 5/6 for the same amount of money and have a dedicated diving camera that is more capable in those conditions.

hanks for all the replies. I have a gopro7 and I'm not happy with the way the pics turn out. I have had luck getting pictures developed from my Samsung phone and that is why I'm considering the phone housing. If I lose or damage my phone then so be it I guess, I'm always diving with my wife and daughter so theres enough phone to go around. And I have never had really large pictures developed because I dont have the camera for that. Diving is expensive enough and I do not want to take up photography as a hobby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom