Dive Buddy near Orlando 9/28-9/30 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whale.shark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm coming into Orlando for a conference and hoping to get some diving in beforehand. I'll have a car and my own equipment (minus a tank). It seems like Blue Grotto isn't that far away but I'm willing to drive anywhere under 4 hours from Orlando.

As a backup plan it looks like there are some Guiding operations that dive the springs.

Four hours from Orlando gives you lot of different options, including some good diving in the Jupiter / West Palm Beach area. FYI the goliath grouper aggregation is happening in southeast FL during that time, something you might want to look into. Additionally you could snorkel with the manatees in Crystal River which imo should almost be a bucket list-type of thing.

Regardless, I live in a little over an hour north of Orlando and would def. be willing to do some diving with you--send me a PM and we can work out the details.

I would drive 2 1/2 hours to Jupiter and hop on a charter. World class diving. I do it every weekend.

Me and 2 dive buddies are diving Boynton that Friday, West Palm on Saturday, and Jupiter on Sunday, mostly drift diving on wrecks and hopefully seeing a lot of Goliaths during the latter part of the seasonal aggregation. You're welcome to contact me and meet up with us that weekend if you're so inclined. PM me for for more info if you like.

You need AOW and Nitrox and be familiar with the intricacies of drift diving from a live boat, including descending and ascending without a line and you need an SMB preferrably one that can be deployed from depth but that's not mandatory.

-Slate

I would drive 2 1/2 hours to Jupiter and hop on a charter. World class diving. I do it every weekend.

While I second your recommendation and agree that the diving in Jupiter is very good, imo "world class diving" is a bit of an overstatement.

That said, if you're inclined to share I'd be interested to read which are your favorite dive sites in the area and your preferred dive OP.

Do you stay in a particular hotel or do you airbnb?

Hey if you come up to Ginnie Springs area or Devils Den, I would be happy to go dive with you. I do not live far from either and I dive Ginnie way more times than I can count

I'm likely diving Devil's Den either the 30th or 1st with GR8FUL. If you can weekday dive let me know.

I'm likely diving Devil's Den either the 30th or 1st with GR8FUL. If you can weekday dive let me know.
Sept 30, Oct 1???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom