Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the jellies bad ? Was trying to come out on sat and prob do a shore dive maybe at Alhambra since the charters are booked up . Anyone else goin ?

I got nailed 4-5 times once on the arm and the others on the calves.
Stings usually don't bother me much, just a initial zap and a few minutes to calm.
These guys are small about 1"-2" dia. with 12"+ tentacles.
You can hardly see them.

Will be going out tomorrow, but from a boat.
Will post when I get back.

Did not find any jellies today.
But we were out in 28' depths.
They could be closer to shore.
Good luck.

The small ones aren't too bad. Like 2th Divr said, after the initial zap, it's not bad. There are some larger ones out there. One of the big ones got me earlier in the week, bad enough I cut the dive short. That was more of an issue of bad viz, didn't see the long tentacle until it was inches from my face....too late. Viz was better yesterday.

Any reports for yesterday? We heard some storms last night up by Clearwater. We may take a dip today to see what things are like.

Service club this afternoon 8/25/19
Time 12:45pm
Seas 1'+
Water Temp 84
Vis was 1-5’

Saw quite a few jellies. Got handful of teeth. Lots of silt on the bottom today. Vis was spotty

8/27/19
Alhambra
Time 8;30 am
Seas Flat
Water Temp 86
Vis 1'- 6'
Saw a few jellies, managed to not get stung
Finds
002_crop.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom