Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nung1009

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to order my first drysuit in a month or two. Was wondering, is there an ideal position for sidemount diving? Afraid of tanks being in the way if pockets are in the default position. Thanks!

Looking to order my first drysuit in a month or two. Was wondering, is there an ideal position for sidemount diving? Afraid of tanks being in the way if pockets are in the default position. Thanks!
Look at Deep 6’s wetsuits, those pockets are in the perfect position. Not totally up front and not totally on the side. The other option is mounting them on the back of your leg over your hamstrings, not the easiest place to get to

Look at Deep 6’s wetsuits, those pockets are in the perfect position. Not totally up front and not totally on the side.

We have the drysuit pockets positioned for sidemount as well. They are pushed slightly forward into the best position so they don't interfere with the tanks or are difficult to access. Each Makara is a custom suit.

We have the drysuit pockets positioned for sidemount as well. They are pushed slightly forward into the best position so they don't interfere with the tanks or are difficult to access. Each Makara is a custom suit.

Hi Landon! Sorry for the late reply and thanks for commenting! Regarding the Deep Six drysuit, I have a few questions:

- do you know if there are any possible customizations for color i.e getting all black vs black with orange highlights?
- are KUBI gloves an option?
- are Neoprene socks an option?

Thanks in advance!

@nung1009

1.) We currently offer two versions, the black base suit with either orange or pink accenting.
2.) They are, but I would suggest other options instead of KUBI rings.
3.) Yes, you can get boots or socks.

What are you bringing on the dive that cannot fit in the SM pouch?

I find that everything I need comfortable fits into my Razor pouch. And I bring a LOT of stuff :-D

I just cant stand pockets of any variety anywhere so I built this bag to carry all the stuff I will ever need

full.jpg

But when I'm on open circuit I hang a pocket below my plate or bc or side mount like you say Marcellus
and these pockets carry all the heap of stuff I will never ever ever use and some that I sometimes will

I'm having a drysuit made no pockets, the old one no pockets
I see rec divers wearing bulging tech shorts, are they building something

Must be the X-Files

@nung1009

1.) We currently offer two versions, the black base suit with either orange or pink accenting.
2.) They are, but I would suggest other options instead of KUBI rings.
3.) Yes, you can get boots or socks.

Thank you for the reply, Landon! Def considering the Deep Six!

What are you bringing on the dive that cannot fit in the SM pouch?

I find that everything I need comfortable fits into my Razor pouch. And I bring a LOT of stuff :-D

Thanks for the reply! For most SM diving, it shouldnt be a problem. I'm thinking WAAAYY ahead, looking at the possibility of using a SM ccr, specifically the sidewinder. From what I've seen, the people using it with the xDeep harness (which I own) seem to have a lot of stuff around the butt area. It'd be nice to have a drysuit that can accommodate that, even though that may or may not happen! Hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom