Adjusting manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I am so excited.
Unfortunately my double wing got delayed so I won’t be able to try it this weekend for the bank holiday.

No GUE Doubles Primer course? :wink:

I took it concurrently with a Drysuit Primer course, and for me the combined course was worthwhile because it included help with achieving trim and learning to do the fundies skills in that configuration, as it was a major change from the single tank and wetsuit configuration I had done Fundies in. I am ambivalent about the value of a Doubles Primer course by itself (hence the wink). Oh, there's value in every course GUE offers, but the question is whether it's worth the cost.

No GUE Doubles Primer course? :wink:

I took it concurrently with a Drysuit Primer course, and for me the combined course was worthwhile because it included help with achieving trim and learning to do the fundies skills in that configuration, as it was a major change from the single tank and wetsuit configuration I had done Fundies in. I am ambivalent about the value of a Doubles Primer course by itself (hence the wink). Oh, there's value in every course GUE offers, but the question is whether it's worth the cost.
I did my double primer as part of Fundies. In retrospect it wasn’t a great idea as I was using a kit I was unfamiliar with :)

Now I have about up to mid October to change my provisional pass into a pass :)

I did my double primer as part of Fundies. In retrospect it wasn’t a great idea as I was using a kit I was unfamiliar with :)

Now I have about up to mid October to change my provisional pass into a pass :)

I see. That was indeed taking on a lot at once. I'm sure you will meet your goal with a little practice. Good luck, and have fun.

The manifold threads are handed. If it wasn't preassembled, you need to make sure the cylinders and manifold are aligned before tightening the bands. Otherwise they could be slightly pissed and can stress the manifold.

Regards the angle, it's personal preference. Mine are angled approx 30° but that's just me!

Enjoy!!

I just got a twinset, it was mentioned that it will come unpressurised so I can adjust the manifold.
Is there a particular way to adjust it to a sensible position before to try it in water ?

Either way it shouldn't matter as this adjustment can be done easily under pressure.

full.jpg

it can be adjusted even under pressure

full.jpg

I'd like to suggest if you have lucking nuts to hold the manifold in place, I would leave them completely loose. The manifold won't just flop out of position on its own, but if I were to bang it on something (cave, wreck, etc.), I would rather the center knob to rotate than to possibly be damaged.

I'd like to suggest if you have lucking nuts to hold the manifold in place, I would leave them completely loose. The manifold won't just flop out of position on its own, but if I were to bang it on something (cave, wreck, etc.), I would rather the center knob to rotate than to possibly be damaged.

It looks like one of the old style OMS style manifolds with end capture O rings. The lock nuts must be tight in order to get a seal between the barrel and the O ring on the valve. If you leave it loose it will leak. It works differently from the barrel style double or triple O rings on the Diverite style manifolds.

Thanks, I am so excited.
Unfortunately my double wing got delayed so I won’t be able to try it this weekend for the bank holiday.
i feel ya. my wing has been on back order for like 2 weeks its killing me!!!

Back
Top Bottom