Lake Huron (Port Sanilac) water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone. A couple of us are diving this coming weekend out of Port Sanilac. We diving the Regina and the Price, so depths about 70'-80'. Anyone know the water temps this time of year at that depth? I'm guessing upper-40s but would like to get a better idea so I know what thermals to bring with me.

Contact Double Action. They’ll be able to tell you.

Again, call Double Action. I’m the one the guy who answers the calls texts when he’s asked the water temp for the Chicago wrecks as he knows I’m one of the regulars. :D

Since this turned to Lake Michigan -- do you have any idea of typical bottom temps on the shallow wrecks out of Hammond in July, August, September, October? (Say 60 feet or shallower.) Might not make it this year, but eventually will do that. Just trying to get an idea of whether the 7mm/hooded vest would be enough.

Depends on your cold tolerance.

Right now it’s in the mid 50s. I had 56 last weekend at 40ft or so. But wind conditions can move the water around so it could be warmer or colder. The warmest I’ve ever had was 74 at 60ft two years ago at the end of July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom