Remember when airlines asked for able bodied volunteers for Exit rows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the European flag carriers are privatized. For example Lufthansa is publicly traded private company, and owns Swiss.

I don't think it has anything to do with being private or public, but probably the power of their unions, and the bidding process that goes into the routes that favor the senior crew members on the international routes. On my recent flight back to Tokyo we had a FA that was with United (through Continental) for 50 years to that day, she was 71 years old.
Research Air Canada Rouge. Simple solution to the union issue - create a new airline!

Swiss is also a flag carrier. Lufthansa was until recently. American carriers are terrible in economy, but pretty good in business or first where they actually make their money.

Swiss is owned by Lufthansa and they are "private" and have shareholders. The old "Swiss Air" went bankrupt and Swiss came out of it and was bought by Lufthansa. They are all private.

There's seating past First Class? :poke:

Where I'm tall...in a standard seating row, I'm in for a miserable flight in a contorted seating position. I pay the fee to upgrade to an exit row or for priority boarding (Southwest) on the rare occasion that I'm unfortunate enough to have to fly.

I flew a lot for years. I avoid it now like the plague.

A
There's seating past First Class? :poke:
Yes - it is called "private jet". No line up's or hassles for the rich & famous or the hangers on... But you do have to go around to the "secret side" of the airport. Make sure you have your passport handy so that you can wave it at the guy when he pokes his head in the plane door and asks "is everyone okay to go?". TSA is a farce!

The flip side of this type of this glitch & glamor experience would be the "low end" hunt camp destination airport up north-ish. You all got weapons? Of course you do! Please do not bother the pilot since he is busy refueling the plane. Stow your rifles in the seat beside you. Is TSA a farce?

Well now great!

The lovely airline sends me a text that my Lubbock-DFW flight is delayed, can't connect to my second reserved flight, so I have change. Nice to have some warning and flexibility, but I'm trying to change my flights and get my daughter to change their's to the same ones - but she says the app is not letting her select what I did. When I finally got her on the phone, I tried to walk her thru it, but she claims it won't. I think she's missing something, but she wants to call, so we'll see.

Well now great!

The lovely airline sends me a text that my Lubbock-DFW flight is delayed, can't connect to my second reserved flight, so I have change. Nice to have some warning and flexibility, but I'm trying to change my flights and get my daughter to change their's to the same ones - but she says the app is not letting her select what I did. When I finally got her on the phone, I tried to walk her thru it, but she claims it won't. I think she's missing something, but she wants to call, so we'll see.
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
Yeah, we actually do challenges & adventures ok. I still whine.

She messed up and changed to Sunday flights for them, and can't change back to Saturday now. Weather screwed up the system in DFW today. So now I go Saturday, then pick them up Sunday.

At least I got better seats from the confusion for Saturday.

nq190831.jpg

DFW weather messed up the system so much that some planes diverted to Lubbock, and some people were stuck in the airport overnight. FEMA cots all over.

471DAD29-4E6B-4002-BDB1-C5A262912F0A.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom