Greetings from Beijing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHWookie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone!

My name is Brandon, I'm currently living overseas in Beijing, China for several years but I am from Orlando, and Florida is where I first trained in OW, AOW, and EAN starting out around 8 years ago. I plan to tackle Rescue Diver certification when we go back home for a few weeks this November - just to feel more capable and confident in the water, especially since we're most likely out with tour operators while in Asia.

So far my wife and I have taken advantage of our opportunities living overseas to do some dives in the Philippines and Fiji. We're are hoping to also visit Thailand, Malaysia, Japan, and the Maldives over the next few years if we have the vacation time to do so, since it's a lot closer and cheaper to visit now than it ever will be again in our lifetimes... :) Diving in Beijing is pretty limited to basically a couple of indoor aquariums, though some locals say that you can dive part of the Great Wall where it's submerged along a river bank but I think that you need a dry suit for that experience - not sure if we're up for it just yet.

I've been lurking on the board for a few years now, but I decided to finally post and become more active in the community. Looking forward to getting to know some fellow divers and really just learn from you all!

Welcome! Glad to hear you're planning on doing the rescue course (the most worthwhile course if you ask me). Also, that's quite a list of destinations, I wish I lived so (relatively) close to them, ha!

Howdy from Texas, Brandon! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Welcome to ScubaBoard Brandon. Glad you decided to join our group and forum.
Tell us more about the diving in China if you do any.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom