Remember when airlines asked for able bodied volunteers for Exit rows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being a fatalist, I do not fret over the seats. I generally select window seat, but otherwise you never know. If you pay extra you may end up sitting next to a crying infant or some guy with TB, so you lose more than you gain for your money. It is a lottery.

Research Air Canada Rouge. Simple solution to the union issue - create a new airline!
Research AC Rouge and you will never fly them. On a B767, Rouge fits in 10 more rows of seats than a standard AC B767. Leg room (even for a short guy like me) is non-existent!

Air Canada's service is so bad that the Flight Attendants even joke about it with customers. I once had an Air Canada (Scare Canada) Flight Attendant tell me "Hey if you want good service, fly WestJet. Here, you get what you get." Yes, they said it "tongue in cheek", but there was more than a grain of truth in their statement.

BTW, I have a trip coming up soon to beautiful, sunny "Lost Wages" NV. I am flying Air Canada there (YYZ-LAX-LAS) on a B787 for the YYZ-LAX leg and Air Canada Rouge on a B767 non-stop on the way home.

Cheer up if the original seat map was AA the exit rows are also considered 'Main cabin extra' and come with free booze. How much more safe can you get than that?
:cheers:

Being a fatalist, I do not fret over the seats. I generally select window seat, but otherwise you never know. If you pay extra you may end up sitting next to a crying infant or some guy with TB, so you lose more than you gain for your money. It is a lottery.

I’ve been stuck with the window and middle before. Awful. When I rarely fly, I only take aisle seats. When I was flying out of MSY about 6 years ago, on a 727, some guy tried to take my aisle seat for his girlfriend and wanted me to take her middle seat in another row so they could sit together. They were in their 40s. If they can’t cope being apart for a 2 hour flight, that’s not my problem. I told him not just “no” but “hell, no” when he refused. I stood my ground and told him to either move the girlfriend or I was getting flight crew involved. I got my seat. He then proceeded to try and poke me with his elbow, when I wasn’t on the armrest. I finally hauled off and gave him one hard jab with my elbow and he stopped. Don’t mess with me and my aisle seat that I specifically booked.

Spend 15 hours in that seat and you will become pretty particular.

I’ve been stuck with the window and middle before. Awful. When I rarely fly, I only take aisle seats. When I was flying out of MSY about 6 years ago, on a 727, some guy tried to take my aisle seat for his girlfriend and wanted me to take her middle seat in another row so they could sit together. They were in their 40s. If they can’t cope being apart for a 2 hour flight, that’s not my problem. I told him not just “no” but “hell, no” when he refused. I stood my ground and told him to either move the girlfriend or I was getting flight crew involved. I got my seat. He then proceeded to try and poke me with his elbow, when I wasn’t on the armrest. I finally hauled off and gave him one hard jab with my elbow and he stopped. Don’t mess with me and my aisle seat that I specifically booked.
Must have been way earlier than 6 years ago or not a 727 as the last domestic carriers flying 727’s retired their fleets back in 2003! :)

I used to pick aisle seats whenever possible, but after being whacked with several asses and drink carts, I'm starting to prefer window seats. I'm also not one who has to pee every 20 minutes, so I'm less bothered by not having easy access to the aisle than by having people climb over me repeatedly.

I used to pick aisle seats whenever possible, but after being whacked with several asses and drink carts, I'm starting to prefer window seats. I'm also not one who has to pee every 20 minutes, so I'm less bothered by not having easy access to the aisle than by having people climb over me repeatedly.
My favorite (NOT) is the idiots carrying their purses or carryons with a shoulder strap, oblivious to the fact they are whacking it against every person in an aisle seat as they plod to the back of the plane - sadly it just reaffirms what a consumer call center director once told me: the average consumer is a complete idiot!

The reasons I like windows is that I like to shoot aerials and I do not use the bathroom too often. So I do not disturb folks next to me and they do not disturb me.

Research AC Rouge and you will never fly them. On a B767, Rouge fits in 10 more rows of seats than a standard AC B767. Leg room (even for a short guy like me) is non-existent!

Air Canada's service is so bad that the Flight Attendants even joke about it with customers. I once had an Air Canada (Scare Canada) Flight Attendant tell me "Hey if you want good service, fly WestJet. Here, you get what you get." Yes, they said it "tongue in cheek", but there was more than a grain of truth in their statement.

BTW, I have a trip coming up soon to beautiful, sunny "Lost Wages" NV. I am flying Air Canada there (YYZ-LAX-LAS) on a B787 for the YYZ-LAX leg and Air Canada Rouge on a B767 non-stop on the way home.
I flew AC back and forth to Calgary via Toronto this June. I have a lot of things to say about the US security check and passport control but the AC service was OK. I mean, not as good as Qatar or Aeroflot, but just as bad as AA, UA and the rest of the usual suspects. One airline that is worse than the rest is Allegiant. Their seats do not recline, and since they rent only one gate at most airports, you'll be stuck forever at the runway if their previous flight is late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom