Aqualung Titan octopus: broken purge cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found it in Aqualung parts catalog (page 34): Aqua-Lung-Spare-parts-2014.pdf

The cover looks similar to more modern ones (page 25) Aqua-Lung-Spare-parts-2014.pdf or (page 26) Aqua-Lung-Spare-parts-2014.pdf, but I agree with Jack, it should be checked with Aqualung...
Well I’ll be danged, they were still in the parts catalog through 2017 and the purge covers had still not been marked NLA, so you just might be in luck with original parts. I did check the 1,500 item parts list for 2019 with no luck though, so definitely need to reach out to them to find out.

I would be happy to do the legwork and make the sale, but it would be silly to pay me for shipping when you can get it faster and cheaper locally, if available.

I have contacted Aqualung and got the following reply:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, the purge cover is no longer available and there is no compatible cover. I apologize for the inconvenience."

So I believe the only option is to look for some used parts. Thanks everybody and especially @JackD342 .

I have contacted Aqualung and got the following reply:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, the purge cover is no longer available and there is no compatible cover. I apologize for the inconvenience."

So I believe the only option is to look for some used parts. Thanks everybody and especially @JackD342 .
Well, I double confirmed that the old parts are not available, and the new cover doesn't replace the old cover. Too bad.
But I do have another idea for you try and track something down, will send you a PM shortly.

BDE4F8B2-8A49-49DE-9123-8438BE4D6A26.jpeg
Well, I double confirmed that the old parts are not available, and the new cover doesn't replace the old cover. Too bad.
But I do have another idea for you try and track something down, will send you a PM shortly.
Any leads on where to purchase the Aqualung octo purge cover the original poster was looking for? I own the same 2nd stage and recently had the same issue with the disintegrating plastic purge cover. My local dive shop called me earlier in the week to tell me Aqualung does not stock this part anymore. Aqualung did have the purge cover for my Titan LX second stage, which also disintegrated during the same dive trip.

Thank you.

Just from eyeballing it, that cover looks pretty similar to the current Titan/Calypso cover, so getting one of the current parts from an LDS will run about $15. But if you were in my shop with that,

My titans have a compleatly different cover, that is threaded in place, the calypso has that cover.

My titans have a compleatly different cover, that is threaded in place, the calypso has that cover.
Most if not all Titans and Calypsos have been the same concurrent designs, but there have been different generations with different designs. (Titan LX is not the same as Titan)

Okay, I can correct myself here; surprised no one else did so first. If your reg body has that same small Venturi on top, it is an Aqualung XLC series. So you should have a local Aqualung dealer check with inside support to see if a current Titan/Calypso cover will fit an old XLC model. Or even if they happen to have an old XLC cover in stock. While not yellow, an old XLC Titan, Calypso, or Cousteau cover will probably fit too.

View attachment 537850
Any leads on where to purchase the Aqualung octo purge cover the original poster was looking for? I own the same 2nd stage and recently had the same issue with the disintegrating plastic purge cover. My local dive shop called me earlier in the week to tell me Aqualung does not stock this part anymore. Aqualung did have the purge cover for my Titan LX second stage, which also disintegrated during the same dive trip.

Thank you.
@Rick81 You are probably SOL, but your photo doesn’t show enough for me to know for certain that is an XLC. Is there a Venturi on top?

upload_2019-8-31_23-57-19.jpeg

I own the same octo the OP pictured with the grey Venturi on top.

My primary second stage is the Titan LX, which my LDS was able to repair. It was $125 for new purge cover and overhaul.

View attachment 537852
I own the same octo the OP pictured with the grey Venturi on top.

My primary second stage is the Titan LX, which my LDS was able to repair. It was $125 for new purge cover and overhaul.
Yes, that is an XLC model. Front cover is out of production and out of stock. Very little chance of finding one in anyone’s inventory. You could luck out with old gear here on SB, but don’t hold your breath on this one. I think yours is about the 4th or 5th thread this year looking for that cover.

Thanks for the info. Time to look for a new octo.

And now I’m looking for the same covers. Both my Titan main regulator and my Titan octo covers disintegrated on my recent Hawaii dive trip. Both at the same time after spending a fortune getting everything serviced before the trip. I assume there’s no way of getting covers now that it’s even four years later than the last post?

IMG_1879.jpegIMG_1876.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom