Kwajalein and Roi-Namur Adventure 3013 - Year of the Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dauntless

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Put together 40 minutes of dive highlights from four months on Kwaj. Interesting shark whispering and if you can hold attention for 40 minutes, many adventures.

[video=youtube_share;yzlteWA10_c]http://youtu.be/yzlteWA10_c[/video]

Great stuff, brought back memories of diving it in the mid 90's. I think my buddies and I started calling it Troy's coral head after a guy named Troy showed it to us, and the name just stuck. We used to spear fish there, it got pretty sporty at times, I think that's the closest I've ever come to witnessing a shark attack. The airplane graveyard at Roi-Namur has to be the greatest diveable collection of WW2 aircraft in the world. Kwajalein has so much to offer. Thanks for posting.

Thanks got sharing a glimpse of just how wonderful Kwaj is.

I love Troy's Coral Head and when it's hot...it is HOT; and when it's not it's still an awesome dive.

Thanks for posting.
Brought back - will bring back more as I view more videos - some good dive memories. Kwaj diving is truly unique. There are a few Kwaj dive pics at this link.

Albums for user: pazz | ScubaBoard

You would enjoy both K-5 Side and K-5 Upright wrecks as a school of about 5 Hammerheads have moved in. They (or others) have also been spotted at P-Bouy wreck.

Interesting/good to hear about the hammerheads.

Around 20 years or so ago, there were some hammerheads at P-Buoy for a while and then they disappeared. Maybe too many divers showed up after the word spread….

Unfortunately, it was before we got our small digital cameras and began taking pictures. One time, we had a really close and long encounter with them while doing our safety stop on the underwater buoy.

We think there might also be a Tiger Shark nursery in the southern lagoon also. For about the last three years around December the sightings happen. But I just don’t know enough about their biology to make that statement.

But it is cool to hear about the past Hammerheads.

@Dauntless You might want to edit the thread title while you still can....

Back
Top Bottom