BP/W twists on the dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure the Cam Bands are properly threaded through the Cam Buckle? Got a picture?
IMG_8029.jpg

Oh, you might be onto something here. After I took this picture I looked at my jacket BC and it's done differently, and looks like it protects against slippage more.

My understanding is the new dgx 30lb wing the OP purchased has roll control built into the center panel of the wing.

I dive a Dive Rite stainless steel plate with a Dive Rite Voyager wing that does not have roll control and I have never used or needed a single tank adapter (STA).

Of course an STA can be used to to deal with this but you should not need one. New tank straps will stretch a bit. Make sure you have yours tightened down really well.

Also, perhaps this is why I have not a had a problem with my tank shifting, is that all the tanks I use have mesh/netting on them.

78136-2_SCUBAPRO_CYLINDER_MESH_YEL.jpg

15.090.100.0.jpg

-Z

Looks wrong...

As Tom said, you can "ratchet" the lever a bit to snug it up...

That video helped immensely to explain both the correct threading and the ratcheting technique. I just tried it and the strap doesn't slip at all when I tighten and I need to exert a _lot_ more pressure to get the buckle snapped. I can't move the backplate at all when it's on this way.

I'm sure my next dive will be much better for it, thanks!

Sean

I've never been able to thread one of those infernal things without referring to a diagram...

netting....

IMHO - useless...

Thought it was a good idea 25 years ago, quickly learned otherwise...

YMMV

Perhaps, but the tanks at the clubs I am a member of have it on all their tanks.

-Z

I've never been able to thread one without referring to a diagram...

My Aqualung BC has numbers and arrows printed on the buckle to help, but the BPW has nothing. I may throw a diagram in my save-a-dive kit, but I have a feeling that after this, I'm not going to forget :wink:

Sean

Your tank might be contacting the sex bolts that hold the wing to the plate. If you’re not using an STA, the cam bands are sufficient to hold the tank and wing in place. Might look to remove the bolts for a cleaner fit.

My Aqualung BC has numbers and arrows printed on the buckle to help, but the BPW has nothing. I may throw a diagram in my save-a-dive kit, but I have a feeling that after this, I'm not going to forget :wink:

Sean
Perhaps you don't fully understand the breadth of the Evil those infernal things are possessed with...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom