Hurricane Dorian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plugs dont fail...they either burn rich or lean....I'd look into your owners manual about that...I have the same single spark plug in my 25 year old lawn mower....remove it...wire brush it..gap it and go.

I gave up and kiboshed the Key Largo leg of my trip that would have put me on the road 9/3-9/7.

Still crossing fins that cave country will be unaffected so I can come down for the second leg of my trip starting 9/9.

The latest landfall has it coming ashore around Fort Pierce 25 miles from my house and 10 miles from work not worried about home more worried about work. Once the storm takes that westward turn we will be more certain of its landfall point I believe.

On a good note I’m looking forward to some beach dives after the storm in zero to near zero vis for some lobsters. Need some hurricane food!

I dove Venice beach 2 days after hurricane Charley. Had AMAZING vis, at least 30', and found $20 floating in the current.

I dove Venice beach 2 days after hurricane Charley. Had AMAZING vis, at least 30', and found $20 floating in the current.
I've never seen vis that good in the Venice area..ever! Maybe the hurricane pushed some clean water up that way?

I've never seen vis that good in the Venice area..ever! Maybe the hurricane pushed some clean water up that way?
Yup, couldn't begin to tell you why, but the best vis there ever. It was a nice break from cleaning up. My wife and kids stayed in Tampa while I cleaned up, and I would stop by and sneak a dive in every morning.

For those interested in helping out the affected in the Bahamas, a GoFundMe has been started for Brian Kakuk in Abaco, who is OK (and so is Otis The Blue Hole Dog) but lost a lot and needs help. If you don't know Brian, he explores, conserves, instructs, and leads dives in some of the most amazing caves in the world...see for example this video of the The Crystal Caves of Abaco.

Please prepare for the worst even if the model says it won't hit you. I just saw the hurricane destroy my entire world. So far my friends are safe but I don't know what happened on Grand Bahamas and Dorian was over top of them much longer than it was Abaco. Dorian is moving now - I hope you are ready.

For those interested in helping out the affected in the Bahamas, a GoFundMe has been started for Brian Kakuk in Abaco, who is OK (and so is Otis The Blue Hole Dog) but lost a lot and needs help. If you don't know Brian, he explores, conserves, instructs, and leads dives in some of the most amazing caves in the world...see for example this video of the The Crystal Caves of Abaco.
Done. Hopefully some of the money will actually reach the island unlike that Red Cross scam. Did you see that light monkey ponied up $3,500.00 for this? Pretty sure it's not even tax deductible. Incredible!

Please prepare for the worst even if the model says it won't hit you. I just saw the hurricane destroy my entire world. So far my friends are safe but I don't know what happened on Grand Bahamas and Dorian was over top of them much longer than it was Abaco. Dorian is moving now - I hope you are ready.
Sorry to hear that, but at least so far your friends are safe. I imagine there's going to be a horrible body count in the Bahamas when everything is said and done.

I am glad to see the storm moving away from Grand Bahama. They seem to have taken quite a beating. Now if it would just hurry up out into the North Atlantic. Sitting around waiting is maddening. This storm was moving so slowly that someone said that it was like being stalked by a turtle. Everyone be safe out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom