NON-rechargeable battery light options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The CA dive boat thread got me curious. Are there any decent dive light options that take regular batteries, especially AA? I’m not thinking of the multiple C battery options (which I refer to as “bash a fish on the head” lights).

The CA dive boat thread got me curious. Are there any decent dive light options that take regular batteries, especially AA? I’m not thinking of the multiple C battery options (which I refer to as “bash a fish on the head” lights).
The ones I know that have an option between Lion vs nimh reduce the light intensity quite a bit, like a 650 lumen light becomes a 350 lumen light.

Is there any viable indication charging equipment had anything to do with the fire?

The ones I know that have an option between Lion vs nimh reduce the light intensity quite a bit, like a 650 lumen light becomes a 350 lumen light.

NiMh is still a rechargeable. Does the OP think NiMh is OK but Li-on is not?

NiMh is still a rechargeable. Does the OP think NiMh is OK but Li-on is not?
Not sure. They are less prone to violent episodes though. All batteries carry risk, they just vary in degree.

I have no clue about the boat fire. I just got curious since the lithium battery powered lights seem to have taken over the market.

IFL660-R

depending on the driver and battery compartment size, there may be others that would take 2xCR123A

one issue that might not be addressed IF the cause was a battery fire is whether the battery in question was ICR, IMR, INR, or IFR. ICR is the highest capacity and also the most dangerous, but newer IMR/INR batteries are safer with nearly the same capacity. it would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater to ban all rechargeable lithiums if in actuality it was only ICR that was the issue. Another issue that might not be addressed is inadvertent charging of a NON-rechargeable battery. There was an incident with OSTC at a scuba show in europe where that occurred.

Tovatec Fusion series gives options. I have a 260, which uses 1x14500 but has a screw on extension tube that increases the length and it can take 2xAA. They have a couple larger versions as well that take various battery combos.

Back
Top Bottom